Likes Likes:  48
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning from the Other Washington for a Visit!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Returning from the Other Washington for a Visit!

For the first time since I flew out of the DC area in September 2017, I am happy to announce that I will be returning for a week soon!

I will be flying in on a red-eye Friday night/Saturday morning April 27/28 and flying out on Saturday, May 5.

I will not be bringing Chinook (my Seattle bike) with me, but I left my other road bike (Red Velvet) in Virginia so that I could do some riding while in town (likely after performing some badly needed maintenance on it after 8 months). If I can remember, I will try and grab biking maps for the various cities around here to show everyone so that they can see the variety in approaches to the promotion of cycling in the greater Seattle area (including Bellevue, Renton, Redmond, and Tacoma).

My schedule is somewhat still being figured out, but I plan to attend HDCC, WTFCC, and a few happy hours along with going on some rides with folks during the week. I want to check out some of the new bike infrastructure in the area, too. Biking plans might include gathering footage for a new video that I would use to compare/contrast biking in the DC area with the Seattle area (this is still in the brainstorming phase).

I hope to see y'all in a few weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    For the first time since I flew out of the DC area in September 2017, I am happy to announce that I will be returning for a week soon!

I will be flying in on a red-eye Friday night/Saturday morning April 27/28 and flying out on Saturday, May 5.

I will not be bringing Chinook (my Seattle bike) with me, but I left my other road bike (Red Velvet) in Virginia so that I could do some riding while in town (likely after performing some badly needed maintenance on it after 8 months). If I can remember, I will try and grab biking maps for the various cities around here to show everyone so that they can see the variety in approaches to the promotion of cycling in the greater Seattle area (including Bellevue, Renton, Redmond, and Tacoma).

My schedule is somewhat still being figured out, but I plan to attend HDCC, WTFCC, and a few happy hours along with going on some rides with folks during the week. I want to check out some of the new bike infrastructure in the area, too. Biking plans might include gathering footage for a new video that I would use to compare/contrast biking in the DC area with the Seattle area (this is still in the brainstorming phase).

Looking forward to seeing you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Question for the forum: what sort of happy hours are happening on Wednesday, May 2, or Friday, May 4?

I'm planning on going to the Bike Month Happy Hour being hosted by the Alexandria Spokeswomen, Alexandria BPAC, and Carlyle Council on Thursday, May 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Question for the forum: what sort of happy hours are happening on Wednesday, May 2, or Friday, May 4?

I'm planning on going to the Bike Month Happy Hour being hosted by the Alexandria Spokeswomen, Alexandria BPAC, and Carlyle Council on Thursday, May 3.
    I will be there May 4th. It will be awesome to see you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBGanimal View Post
    I will be there May 4th. It will be awesome to see you!

What happy hour is happening on May 4th (Friday)? I hope I'm there, but I don't know where "there" is!

Post Thanks / Like

What happy hour is happening on May 4th (Friday)? I hope I'm there, but I don't know where "there" is!
    Iím sorry I meant the alexandia spokeswomen one...thatís May 2nd

Post Thanks / Like

At the risk of playing hell with your sleep after a red-eye flight (that's naughty of me, I know)... I have a Papillon shop ride Saturday morning.... but good to see you back!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob...May 4th is the first HH in Crystal City at the water park!

Post Thanks / Like

To clear up any confusion, here's the current situation:

Wednesday, May 2 - still TBD
    Thursday, May 3 - Bike Month Happy Hour (they changed the date again, here's the FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/935848453259095)
    Friday, May 4 - Crystal City Water Park Happy Hour

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    At the risk of playing hell with your sleep after a red-eye flight (that's naughty of me, I know)... I have a Papillon shop ride Saturday morning.... but good to see you back!
    I would like to be able to do that, but I already know I will be completely out of it. That, plus I will need to assess the state of my Red Velvet (road bike) beforehand.