Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Strava Fembots

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    4,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    They love to run at night, naturally.
    That's probably because Strava displays activity time as your local time. Convert that to time in Moscow and I'll bet it's more reasonable. Although running 25 sub-two-minute miles is still not a thing.
    Last edited by jrenaut; 03-29-2018 at 11:12 AM.

  2. #12
    rcannon100's Avatar
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Posts
    4,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    What are the fembot's goals?

  3. #13
    lordofthemark's Avatar
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The forgotten corner of Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And by coincidence, after not getting strava spam for some time, after reading this thread yesterday, just this morning I got kudos from Rylee Harper, who in addition to having a "sexy" profile pic, is able to run 20 miles in under 50 minutes (is it possible strava is getting data from Google?) Despite such impressive statistics, I decided not to follow her. I already follow enough fast women.
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 03-29-2018 at 11:25 AM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    That's probably because Strava displays activity time as your local time. Convert that to time in Moscow and I'll bet it's more reasonable. Although running 25 sub-two-minute miles is still not a thing.
    This changed at some point (maybe when Strava moved from showing the most recent rides first to showing the most recent uploads, regardless of time). At least for me, Strava displays the rider's local time.
    Last edited by secstate; 03-29-2018 at 11:36 AM. Reason: new thought! new thought!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    4,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    This changed at some point. At least for me, Strava displays the rider's local time.
    Maybe they did the run before coming to the States to meet fellow athletes.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    1) Attract unsuspecting oafs
    2) ?
    3) Make money
    Pardon my ignorance, but I still don't get it. How do they make money?

    (I have a request-to-follow Strava account so it's free from supersonic fembots.)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but I still don't get it. How do they make money?

    (I have a request-to-follow Strava account so it's free from supersonic fembots.)
    Internet commerce of some sort. The pictures such as the one @huskerdont discovered of a "naked tush in the air" are captioned with text offering carnal knowledge, and a URL.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    4,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Internet commerce of some sort. The pictures such as the one @huskerdont discovered of a "naked tush in the air" are captioned with text offering carnal knowledge, and a URL.
    The few I've gotten didn't have a URL, which made it all the more puzzling. Maybe they were still working out their spam script and the URL wasn't getting attached.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Falls church
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are they kind of like cats? If you play with or tease them long enough do you get scratched?

    Are the supersonic fembots better or worse than the sub sonic ones? They certainly sound intriguing is a sort of danger panda kinda way.
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 03-29-2018 at 05:00 PM.

  10. #20
    lordofthemark's Avatar
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The forgotten corner of Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    The few I've gotten didn't have a URL, which made it all the more puzzling. Maybe they were still working out their spam script and the URL wasn't getting attached.
    I was going to check that, but the kudo from Ms Harper has disappeared. The mysteries of spam.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •