Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bicycle Fun Club: Bike Packing on the C&O June 2-3

where are you camping and how many nights?

liz

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Just give a heads up the day before the trip so we know if we need to wait for you. Hope you can make it.
    Looks like I have to work that weekend. Boo! But I do have some spare gear if someone wants to borrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mentioned June 3rd is Mrs. KWL's birthday. We've decided to celebrate by staying at Lockhouse 6 that evening. So if we hoards of bikepackers are passing by there on the way home after 2:00pm Sunday, y'all are invited to stop in for a visit. It will be a chance to check out the lockhouse if you haven't seen inside before, and to drink up all my beer while resting on the porch.

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Hey everybody! I hope you're still pumped about our adventure for Bike Travel Weekend! Here's the full plan:

Date: Saturday, June 2nd
    Gather Time: 11 a.m.
    Gather Location: Dog Tag Bakery in Georgetown for coffee/lunch - 3206 Grace St NW, Washington, DC 20007 - http://dogtagbakery.wixsite.com/dogtagcatering
    Rollout: Noon
    Camping Destination: Lockhouse 25 around Mile Marker 30 - https://www.canaltrust.org/programs/.../lockhouse-25/

I chose to rent a lockhouse to make this trip more accessible for people that may not be able to get their tent procured ahead of time or are intimidated by tent camping and also as a back up plan in case of crummy weather Also, it's kind of cool to be able to hang out in a lockhouse. The lockhouse also has a nice basement area to stash our bikes. There's tons of room on the lockhouse grounds for tent camping which is still my plan. If you're planning on crashing the lockhouse, you'll still need a sleeping back since there's no linens. The lockhouse has a portapotty. It doesn't have water, but the nearest water pump is just .3 miles down the towpath. Poolesville is about 4 miles away from our campsite if anyone needs/wants to run into town for anything.

If the rollout time doesn't work for you, no worries. We'll be hanging at the lockhouse so feel free to roll in any time that you'd like.

I'll be bringing our banner provided by the Adventure Cycling Association which is the organization behind Bike Travel Weekend to display in our campsite. I'll make sure that we get a group photo with the banner and I appreciate folks taking the opportunity to take pictures with the banner and share on social media.

Looking at my calendar, it seems I may be able to join this auspicious outing.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical

Kidical Mass Arlington is going bike camping the Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend (May 27-28). All are welcome. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32087182_1911098292298832_2648304554432528384_o.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	17898.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Looking at my calendar, it seems I may be able to join this auspicious outing.
    Guess I'll need to bring the bigger flask.

I stayed at Lockhouse 25 this past weekend. It's absolutely fantastic and I strongly recommend anyone considering heading out to do so!

This sounds like a blast! I'm out of town as well, but super awesome that so many folks are going to go! Looking forward to being jealous of you're photos!

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

For anyone that still needs panniers for carrying stuff this event, REI is offering 25% on all Ortlieb panniers currently.

https://www.rei.com/search.html?q=or...rsion=signals1