Likes Likes:  98
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Postponing the Freezing Saddles closing celebration until Monday, April 9

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the right call. While at the dentist around 8:30 I saw on the waiting room TV that Frederick already had 9 inches of snow.

Now I can just plow my way home after work instead of attempting that feat in the dark after multiple beers. Thank you W&W.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    He lives on that part that's really crappy to bike to
    That doesnít really narrow it down much since all of the Pike is really crappy to bike to or on or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwarkentien View Post
    That doesnít really narrow it down much since all of the Pike is really crappy to bike to or on or anything.

We at least have cute kids on sleds:

Chuck: Iím near South Courthouse in Penrose. Plows have been coming through but lots of slush especially at intersections. The sidewalks are mostly ok at the moment.

Iíll probably sleaze on the side streets later today as soon as I brush off a CaBi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Chuck: I’m near South Courthouse in Penrose. Plows have been coming through but lots of slush especially at intersections. The sidewalks are mostly ok at the moment.
    We're on South Wayne right next to Penrose Park. I'm watching Volta a Catalunya right now. Then will take advantage of snow day to replace my chain and cassette. After that, could be tempted to put the knobby wheel set on my MTB and do a snow sleaze.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Definitely the right call. While at the dentist around 8:30 I saw on the waiting room TV that Frederick already had 9 inches of snow.

Now I can just plow my way home after work instead of attempting that feat in the dark after multiple beers. Thank you W&W.
    You need to trade in your bike for this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.aaa-Bike-plow_large.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	17667

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    Today should've been the last day of Freezing Saddles.
    If....only the most baddest of badasses would be out at HP til midnight tonight.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bier Baron hours tonight, March 21

Hi all -- I know that some folks had talked about going to Bier Baron tonight (March 21) if they could make it there safely.
    I just wanted to confirm that Bier Baron will be open tonight until 9 pm in case anyone is still planning to venture over there for an informal happy hour.

Have fun, be safe, and drink an ounce or two for me.
    w&w

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    Hi all -- I know that some folks had talked about going to Bier Baron tonight (March 21) if they could make it there safely.
    I just wanted to confirm that Bier Baron will be open tonight until 9 pm in case anyone is still planning to venture over there for an informal happy hour.

Have fun, be safe, and drink an ounce or two for me.
    w&w
    Chime in if you are going, I am pondering driving in if I know some FS diehards will be there informally ending the fun. Kate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Chime in if you are going, I am pondering driving in if I know some FS diehards will be there informally ending the fun. Kate
    Looks like some people are already at Meridian Pint (https://twitter.com/kaplajk/status/976495925869850628 ...read the whole thread...). I can't make it, but I hope everyone who can has fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

So I guess this means Freezing Saddles is reactivated until April 9. The game is on!