Thread: Bonus team members

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlanA View Post
    Personally, I don't really care.
    Liar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Liar.
    Why do you think I would waste my effort to post a lie on a stupid forum? There is certainly no one here that I need to impress with anything. I thought the whole idea was to ride your bike and have fun, and not to attack other people. But then again, it is a public forum, so I guess I shouldn't expect as much.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to Rod at Thursday coffee at Vigilante and this subject came up, he accidentally allowed an extra team member into the team without realizing, and doesn't know how to remove the extra member. I'm quite sure there was no malicious intent here. But, then again FS makes us all hyper-competitive and OCD, so... ...Time for a Doping Scandal!

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you think I would waste my effort to post a lie on a stupid forum? There is certainly no one here that I need to impress with anything. I thought the whole idea was to ride your bike and have fun, and not to attack other people. But then again, it is a public forum, so I guess I shouldn't expect as much.
    Stop lying again. You're trying to impress me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by closebr View Post
    I talked to Rod at Thursday coffee at Vigilante and this subject came up, he accidentally allowed an extra team member into the team without realizing, and doesn't know how to remove the extra member. I'm quite sure there was no malicious intent here. But, then again FS makes us all hyper-competitive and OCD, so... ...Time for a Doping Scandal!
    Simpler solution is to just DQ Rod's team altogether.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the competition for the podium spots is getting a bit heated (although #1 seems to have a lock on it), it has been pointed out to me that a certain team in the top four has 12 members. I usually don't pay a whole of attention to this, but a fellow team mate happened to catch it. Are we all able to get a 12th member?? If so, I'd be more than happy to add someone who's only ridden 36 days!
    Hey Alan-

It's really like this every year. The volunteers do the best they can to set up a fair game, and the players do the best they can to live with it. Sure, things get tweaked every once in a while, but it generally only occurs when people step up and put a lot of effort into the game NEXT year.

I, for one, am a little dissatisfied that I'm only riding half the distance that I did last year, and couldn't they seeeee that I wasn't going to contribute as much this year when they assigned me to a team??? And yet... I'm cool.

Hakuna Matatta.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wait... ...there's a podium? Can we get gigantic champagne bottles too and spray them onto everyone? Maybe some podium dogs too?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by closebr View Post
    Wait... ...there's a podium? Can we get gigantic champagne bottles too and spray them onto everyone? Maybe some podium dogs too?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contador-Tour-2009-dog-prize.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	17505

Post Thanks / Like

Alls you need to not get too wrapped up in this game is to get yourself on a team always plunging toward the bottom, with an honorary member who rides more than anyone else and a captain who has apparently not ridden in a couple of weeks. (Names withheld since perhaps there is some sort of health/family/work issue, so no blame implied.) No chance of a podium unless there's one for the lantern rouge.