Likes Likes:  123
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  9
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: RSVP on this thread -- FS End-of-Season Celebration - Wedn. 21 March 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Just a dumb question (since I know you all are serious diehards). But will this event go on regardless of weather?

Since Wed. looks quite questionable up my way, I'd leave really early and just hope that Metro/Bus gets me there. And that way, my beer prize stays nice and cold, and I can warm up to Happy Hour, and hopefully not be too obnoxious during the final ceremonies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raychelgee View Post
    RSVP-ing for me and a friend
    Bummer - I must cancel my RSVP because I have to take a work trip to Long Beach...

Post Thanks / Like

I know y'all are die hards (me ... I'm a weenie), but ... The forecast I'm looking is 5-8 inches of snow tomorrow. Not that I was going to ride anyway (because I'll be hauling too much loot to give out to people) and I can certainly drive in the snow. But that's more than enough to make for FUBAR. And parking will be nearly impossible (it's bad enough as it is at Dupont Circle under the best of circumstances).

IS THERE NO WAY TO RESCHEDULE??? I gotta believe that there are going to be a whole lot of people who just aren't going to be able to make it. Or for whom the travel time will be just too onerous.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to it. Thanks.
    Steve S.

Post Thanks / Like

In my case, so long as OPM operating status is "Open," I'll be in the neighborhood anyway, and will be there.
    If OPM status is closed, but Bier Barron and the Metro are open and others will be there, I'll make the trek. (Just not on my Trek... )

Capital Weather Gang was/is noting that this is a very tricky storm to predict, but are erring on a conservative estimate. I have a feeling this might be a "Game Day Call?"

In any case, if we must reschedule, it might get tricky with impending Spring Break/Holy Week...

Post Thanks / Like

Just so folks have some idea what we might possibly be dealing with overnight and into tomorrow night. Honestly, I love all of y'all and I do have Pointless and other prizes to award, but if there's enough snow on the ground and the city is a mess, I will be AWOL. And then have to figure out how to get awardees their swag. But hopefully not ... fingers crossed.

https://www.vencoreweather.com/blog/...-and-wednesday

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

If I can't get there by bike (w/ studded tires), I am likely not going to make it. I'm definitely not driving if it's a mess. I'll evaluate the public transportation options.

Post Thanks / Like

just noticed "Sir Post A Lot". ha!

And hey thanks for organizing the FSLNHP thing...and bringing stuff. lots of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking we can call it tomorrow - but between Metro, busses, UBER... bikes, walking... hopefully we can all attend.
    And maybe the snow will be a bust?
    But yes, game day call - I think

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    I'm thinking we can call it tomorrow - but between Metro, busses, UBER... bikes, walking... hopefully we can all attend.
    And maybe the snow will be a bust?
    But yes, game day call - I think
    I suggested the same to W&W in an email this AM, but haven't yet received a response - perhaps she's been out riding all morning.