Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Saturday, March 10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    How do the road closures impact pedestrians and bicyclists? I see a lot of information for drivers, but are there any restrictions on pedestrians crossing at all the other intersections? Will I at least be able to walk my bike across the route tomorrow on my way to Capitol Hill?
    Definitely in certain spots; to be on the safe side, you may want to (if possible) plan your crossing at one of the metered spots that will be periodically allowing cars across and are manned by MPD. That way, you get their official sanction for going across. (As a spectator, I've definitely scooted across the course in various spots to check out one of the musical acts when there's a break in the runner traffic, but I don't know if this year, with the additional security restrictions including towing any cars parked along the route, they'll dislike that approach more aggressively.)

Details of the Capitol Hill access are at https://rnr30-compgroup.netdna-ssl.c...lyer-FINAL.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    How do the road closures impact pedestrians and bicyclists? I see a lot of information for drivers, but are there any restrictions on pedestrians crossing at all the other intersections? Will I at least be able to walk my bike across the route tomorrow on my way to Capitol Hill?
    Not that I know of. I think you make sure no one is coming and then cross.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Judd is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    No need to apologize - it's just another exciting event in the city to plan around...and look at with jealousy. Good luck!
    I'm also happy for the disruption. Events like this are what makes living in a city pretty great.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    As one of the runners I apologize for the inconvenience! The marathon would make for a fun ride as it goes through so many neighborhoods. It almost covers all 4 quadrants. It doesn't really go into Southwest, just rolls down south capitol, but that could be easily fixed and then it would make for good marketing like the Five Boro bike tour.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Well, Frankfurt is commiserating by having a half-marathon on Sunday which will disrupt things in Sachsenhausen, Niederrad, and by the Commerzbank Area. Guess I won't be riding the Grüngürtel. The Taunus is beckoning instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    No need to apologize - it's just another exciting event in the city to plan around...and look at with jealousy. Good luck!
    Besides, it will be our turn soon- *we* get the road closures for the DC Bike Ride, May 19.