Likes Likes:  155
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
ELITE ELITE:  19
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party 2018 (FSLNHPP)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party 2018 (FSLNHPP)

    Believe it or not, there are only 2 weeks left in this year's Freezing Saddles. The official end is at 11:59:59 on Monday, March 19.

    As has become our tradition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), we will once again curse the end of winter and celebrate the final moments of Freezing Saddles with the FSLNHPP (Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party)

    Here's how it works.
    1) Go to Hains Point on Monday, March 19, the last full day of winter and the last official day of Freezing Saddles. Go anytime you like, but most riders will show up in the evening and into the night.
    2) Ride your bike around
    3) Stop sometimes at the pit stop to cheer each other on, high-five your teammates and socialize
    4) Shortly before midnight, gather at the point and stop your Strava.
    5) Curse winter and drink a toast or two to Freezing Saddles

    This year it's on a Monday, so only the true badasses will be there 'til the bitter end. That includes me. As usual, I will bring some lemonade for toasting.

    Since I am playing Freezing Saddles from the sidelines and don't need to ride a lot, I will also staff the pit stop, which is here:


    Attachment 14185

    Teams are encouraged to bring cheerleaders, pennants, spotlights, costumes or anything else you like. I may award a pointless prize to the team with the most participants.

    Follow this thread for additional details.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    4,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can't wait for one of the best parts of BAFS. Haven't ridden a single Hains Point lap since the Hains Point 100.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    413
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I might have to do this ... as long as it's not raining/snowing ... and no Nor'easter winds ... yes, I'm a wimp!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    4,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You're thinking of that one year when we had 40 degree rain the whole time. That was extra fun!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    You're thinking of that one year when we had 40 degree rain the whole time. That was extra fun!
    'Twas. It was also the time I learned that the air dryers in the restrooms are really, really warm and cozy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    413
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What time do people meet/start riding?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    1,077
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I thought that it was agreed that March 20 would be the last day of Freezing Saddles.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    What time do people meet/start riding?
    This time:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    1) Go to Hains Point on Monday, March 19, the last full day of winter and the last official day of Freezing Saddles. Go anytime you like, but most riders will show up in the evening and into the night.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tukwila, WA
    Posts
    2,132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'll be riding with y'all concurrently from across the country!

    I created a loop route near me that is close to the length of a Hains Point lap (~3.2 miles) and close to the elevation gain, too (as flat as I could find, only 20 feet). The route is half-trail, half-moderate traffic roads, and runs mostly along a river in an area that quiets down traffic-wise at night, so it's similar enough.

    I will head there at 8 pm PST (11 pm EST, your time) and bike laps until 9 pm (midnight for y'all). I might a phone call, too, to say hi to folks who came out for the finale of BAFS 2018. See ya!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    413
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    I'll be riding with y'all concurrently from across the country!

    I created a loop route near me that is close to the length of a Hains Point lap (~3.2 miles) and close to the elevation gain, too (as flat as I could find, only 20 feet). The route is half-trail, half-moderate traffic roads, and runs mostly along a river in an area that quiets down traffic-wise at night, so it's similar enough.

    I will head there at 8 pm PST (11 pm EST, your time) and bike laps until 9 pm (midnight for y'all). I might a phone call, too, to say hi to folks who came out for the finale of BAFS 2018. See ya!
    I'm thinking you should do FaceTime or video Skype.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •