Likes Likes:  155
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
ELITE ELITE:  19
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party 2018 (FSLNHPP)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party 2018 (FSLNHPP)

Believe it or not, there are only 2 weeks left in this year's Freezing Saddles. The official end is at 11:59:59 on Monday, March 19.

As has become our tradition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), we will once again curse the end of winter and celebrate the final moments of Freezing Saddles with the FSLNHPP (Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party)

Here's how it works.
    1) Go to Hains Point on Monday, March 19, the last full day of winter and the last official day of Freezing Saddles. Go anytime you like, but most riders will show up in the evening and into the night.
    2) Ride your bike around
    3) Stop sometimes at the pit stop to cheer each other on, high-five your teammates and socialize
    4) Shortly before midnight, gather at the point and stop your Strava.
    5) Curse winter and drink a toast or two to Freezing Saddles

This year it's on a Monday, so only the true badasses will be there 'til the bitter end. That includes me. As usual, I will bring some lemonade for toasting.

Since I am playing Freezing Saddles from the sidelines and don't need to ride a lot, I will also staff the pit stop, which is here:

Attachment 14185

Teams are encouraged to bring cheerleaders, pennants, spotlights, costumes or anything else you like. I may award a pointless prize to the team with the most participants.

Follow this thread for additional details.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for one of the best parts of BAFS. Haven't ridden a single Hains Point lap since the Hains Point 100.

Post Thanks / Like

I might have to do this ... as long as it's not raining/snowing ... and no Nor'easter winds ... yes, I'm a wimp!

Post Thanks / Like

You're thinking of that one year when we had 40 degree rain the whole time. That was extra fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    You're thinking of that one year when we had 40 degree rain the whole time. That was extra fun!
    'Twas. It was also the time I learned that the air dryers in the restrooms are really, really warm and cozy.

Post Thanks / Like

What time do people meet/start riding?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that it was agreed that March 20 would be the last day of Freezing Saddles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    What time do people meet/start riding?
    This time:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    1) Go to Hains Point on Monday, March 19, the last full day of winter and the last official day of Freezing Saddles. Go anytime you like, but most riders will show up in the evening and into the night.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be riding with y'all concurrently from across the country!

I created a loop route near me that is close to the length of a Hains Point lap (~3.2 miles) and close to the elevation gain, too (as flat as I could find, only 20 feet). The route is half-trail, half-moderate traffic roads, and runs mostly along a river in an area that quiets down traffic-wise at night, so it's similar enough.

I will head there at 8 pm PST (11 pm EST, your time) and bike laps until 9 pm (midnight for y'all). I might a phone call, too, to say hi to folks who came out for the finale of BAFS 2018. See ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    I'll be riding with y'all concurrently from across the country!

I created a loop route near me that is close to the length of a Hains Point lap (~3.2 miles) and close to the elevation gain, too (as flat as I could find, only 20 feet). The route is half-trail, half-moderate traffic roads, and runs mostly along a river in an area that quiets down traffic-wise at night, so it's similar enough.

I will head there at 8 pm PST (11 pm EST, your time) and bike laps until 9 pm (midnight for y'all). I might a phone call, too, to say hi to folks who came out for the finale of BAFS 2018. See ya!
    I'm thinking you should do FaceTime or video Skype.