Likes Likes:  83
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  3
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2018 Trail and Road Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    The tweet says this is 4MRT and the MVT, not W&OD.

Hopefully this is just the high tide coming in extra high (which google told me was around 11:30 AM)... low tide should be around commute time which means it'll hopefully be gone by then, although the sand/silt left behind is always slippery.
    Oops, sorry. Not sure what I was thinking. I certainly recognized the picture.
    Last edited by ursus; 03-06-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can anyone confirm that fallen tree has been cleared?

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    I had to pick up my panier-laden bike over it - being short makes it a little worse too.
    I e-mailed the county about it - I figured that they plow that section that maybe they clear it too. I received the automated message received reply. Hopefully it won't be there tomorrow morning.
    I didn't take a chance this morning. I'm pulling a 5-year-old in a trailer which complicates getting over the tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cdjewell View Post
    I didn't take a chance this morning. I'm pulling a 5-year-old in a trailer which complicates getting over the tree.
    Tree was not there at 7-something this morning. You should be good in future in regards to that tree (no promises that other trees won't fall)

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    The tweet says this is 4MRT and the MVT, not W&OD.

Hopefully this is just the high tide coming in extra high (which google told me was around 11:30 AM)... low tide should be around commute time which means it'll hopefully be gone by then, although the sand/silt left behind is always slippery.
    Yep and as I'm sure you saw it was gone by 4 pm leaving a little high tide debris behind. The gates at Hains Point were closed at 3:30 pm, but all the water had receded, again leaving lots of high tide debris.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thrilled on my commute home on Wednesday - they cleared the bike lane on Army-Navy Drive from Joyce south and west to the Apartments! I didn't have to divert into the buffer or road as has been needed frequently due to branches, rocks, glass, etc.

I was thrilled on my commute home on Thursday - they cleared the bike lane on Army-Navy Drive from the Apartments to the Country Club! I didn't have to divert into the buffer or road as has been needed frequently due to branches, rocks, glass, etc.

It was getting bad - and crazy bad after last week's wind. I also sent a note to thank the county.

Post Thanks / Like

Water was a bit high on the bike lane

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8855.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	17508

Seems to have something to do with the Corps of Engineers releasing 90,000 cubic feet per second of Mississippi River water through the Bonnet Carre spillway into Lake Pontchartrain.

This is normally the dry side of the spillway.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything is snow covered and it's cold. No sign of city road/trail clearing yet. WSGFABR!

Name:	DSC01374.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	17576 Morning view

Name:	DSC01383.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	17592 Mid afternoon a few blocks away
    Last edited by consularrider; 03-18-2018 at 12:14 PM. Reason: This is Germany, don't panic DC!

Post Thanks / Like

As of now, DC intends to start clearing trails and bike lanes at noon tomorrow. https://twitter.com/DCVisionZero/sta...17149021835267

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the CCT was passable this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

As was the Custis at 6 a.m. I'm sure there's no difference now. /sarcasm

Streets are v. slushy downtown. Glad I have the gravel bike. Anyone riding, watch out for sliding cars.