Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: My ride from yesterday didn't post... help!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Silver Spring, Maryland
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default My ride from yesterday didn't post... help!

    Yesterday (Wednesday, 2/28/2018) I rode, logged on Strava, but didn't get counted for the same ride in #BAFS2018. Weird, because this hasn't happened before and I have logged lots of tides. Here is my Strava ride: https://www.strava.com/activities/1430640634

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    4,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We've been getting a lot of support requests for this issue. It's all because of the way hozn did the backend sync. Your ride loads to freezingsaddles.org in one of two ways.

    1) It loads immediately when freezingsaddles.org receives a webhook from Strava
    2) It loads at some point in the next 24 hours when freezingsaddles.org goes through and grabs all the rides that didn't load immediately.

    This is all to reduce the number of times we have to ask Strava for data. They get mad if we ask too much and we risk getting cut off completely.

    So, if you have a ride that didn't load:
    1) Make sure it's on Strava
    2) Wait 24 hours
    3) If it STILL hasn't loaded, contact me or hozn.

    Edit to add: I realize this sounds like I'm blaming hozn. I'm not. The work he did on the backend is fantastic. The real problem is that a ride is a fair bit of data, so pulling them from Strava is non-trivial. The way hozn did the sync means we ask much less of Strava's webservers, and that makes them happy.
    Last edited by jrenaut; 03-01-2018 at 07:22 AM. Reason: clarify that hozn is in fact awesome

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Edit to add: I realize this sounds like I'm blaming hozn. I'm not. The work he did on the backend is fantastic. The real problem is that a ride is a fair bit of data, so pulling them from Strava is non-trivial. The way hozn did the sync means we ask much less of Strava's webservers, and that makes them happy.
    hozn being awesome and blaming him are not mutually exclusive

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Silver Spring, Maryland
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    We've been getting a lot of support requests for this issue. It's all because of the way hozn did the backend sync. Your ride loads to freezingsaddles.org in one of two ways.

    1) It loads immediately when freezingsaddles.org receives a webhook from Strava
    2) It loads at some point in the next 24 hours when freezingsaddles.org goes through and grabs all the rides that didn't load immediately.

    This is all to reduce the number of times we have to ask Strava for data. They get mad if we ask too much and we risk getting cut off completely.

    So, if you have a ride that didn't load:
    1) Make sure it's on Strava
    2) Wait 24 hours
    3) If it STILL hasn't loaded, contact me or hozn.

    Edit to add: I realize this sounds like I'm blaming hozn. I'm not. The work he did on the backend is fantastic. The real problem is that a ride is a fair bit of data, so pulling them from Strava is non-trivial. The way hozn did the sync means we ask much less of Strava's webservers, and that makes them happy.
    Thanks, yesterday's Strava ride now posted on BAFS. I did wait 12 hours to post issue here and appreciate the awesomeness of all involved. Of course my two short rides logged on Strava this morning have NOT showed up on BAFS. Again, this is unusual since typically my Strava rides appear on BAFS almost immediately. Maybe something is tweaked?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Silver Spring, Maryland
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Missing rides from today

    Quote Originally Posted by david.helms570@gmail.com View Post
    Thanks, yesterday's Strava ride now posted on BAFS. I did wait 12 hours to post issue here and appreciate the awesomeness of all involved. Of course my two short rides logged on Strava this morning have NOT showed up on BAFS. Again, this is unusual since typically my Strava rides appear on BAFS almost immediately. Maybe something is tweaked?
    Interestingly enough, this morning's ride on Strava did not post to FS for over 6 hours. I went to the ride file on Strava, added #bafs2018 to the ride name, and saved the rides on Strava... almost immediately the 2 rides appeared on the FS page.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OK ... my (just after) midnight sleaze ride today has yet to post to Freezing Saddles. I'm blaming both hozn and jrenaut.

    https://www.strava.com/activities/1430885326
    Last edited by chuxtr; 03-01-2018 at 03:45 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Columbia Heights, DC
    Posts
    4,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    OK ... my (just after) midnight sleaze ride today has yet to post to Freezing Saddles. I'm blaming both hozn and jrenaut.

    https://www.strava.com/activities/1430885326
    See step 2

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Silver Spring, Maryland
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    OK ... my (just after) midnight sleaze ride today has yet to post to Freezing Saddles. I'm blaming both hozn and jrenaut.

    https://www.strava.com/activities/1430885326
    The failure to log Strava rides on FS is widespread today... Spot check: six riders on my team have valid Strava rides today, but do not post on FS.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    See step 2
    And this obviates you from blame how???

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Penrose in Arlington, VA
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david.helms570@gmail.com View Post
    The failure to log Strava rides on FS is widespread today... Spot check: six riders on my team have valid Strava rides today, but do not post on FS.
    My team is the opposite. Other teammates who rode have their rides posted, but not me. Again, I'm blaming both hozn and jrenaut.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •