Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: To #NoBAFS is to Know BAFS?

Post Thanks / Like

Default To #NoBAFS is to Know BAFS?

I got a Garmin watch yesterday with GPS, and I fired it up along with my Garmin Edge 820 to go to for a ride this morning. At the end of the ride, they both automatically uploaded to Garmin Connect, then to Strava, and it looks like I got double credit in Freezing Saddles for this one ride. I tried to remove the mileage of one of them from my FS leaderboard to no avail. I've refreshed several times over the last half hour, and the miles won't go away, even after doing the following:
    1. Making the ride Private
    2. Putting #NoBAFS in the title
    3. Putting #NoBAFS in the description

Am I doing all the right things and just have to be patient? Right now I have 667 miles as I type this, but 8 of those miles should go away since my ride was 8 miles long and the combined miles of both devices gave me 16, which is incorrect.

Post Thanks / Like

First, the leaderboard can take a few hours to update.

Second, you can delete the extra ride from Strava, instead of just marking it #NOBAFS.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a horrible volunteer, but I believe that new activity data is collected pretty quickly (triggered by webhook events), and that a daily syncing of activities for each athlete is done to accommodate edits and things of that nature (and people fall into different buckets in terms of when this synchronization is scheduled).

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in the olden days, the cache of all rides, correct, discarded, edited, or whatever, was discarded every night and refreshed with presumably corrected rides. Wait until tomorrow to see whether everything is fixed.

(Hmm... this gives me an idea as to how I can mess with the standings this evening.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DismalScientist View Post
    Back in the olden days, the cache of all rides, correct, discarded, edited, or whatever, was discarded every night and refreshed with presumably corrected rides. Wait until tomorrow to see whether everything is fixed.

(Hmm... this gives me an idea as to how I can mess with the standings this evening.)
    Since the update is now done throughout the day (per hozn's update on the backend migration and josh's post above, every individual is sync'd once per day, but the people are split up into groups to reduce workload), and some updates happen realtime with the webhooks (but not all), the timing of all of that may mean that the outcome of your idea doesn't meet your expectations. But you never know until you try!

(But yes - wait until tomorrow - or just delete the duplicate file once you've seen how the devices compared.)