Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Gas powered vehicles on trails

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas powered vehicles on trails

Date and Time: Monday Feb 19, 2018 3:27 PM
    Location: W&OD Mile marker 11.5 at Whole Foods in Vienna, heading SE.

Saw someone with an illegal moped(Cheap MTB with gas powered engine, no license plates) going east on Maple AVE in Vienna at about 10 MPH tops, using the right side of the road, then going right to the W&OD toward Shirlington. I didn't follow him there, so I don't know how far till he leaves the trail, or if he goes faster. He works at McDonalds at Nutley ST/Maple AVE intersection(Google Maps link). I have been seeing his moped at that McDonald starting in the 10 to 11 AM time frame. I guess his shift ends at 3 PM. He covers the engine with cardboard paper, so he knows he is doing something naughty. I have noticed this moped for the last 2 months or so, so it's probably something "new", but this is the first time I have seen him riding it. I was on the other side of the road, so I didn't get a good look at him.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it is the same person, but I have seen a guy riding his gas powered MTB on the WOD approaching Columbia Pike. I believe it is white. You can easily reach 20mph during that section, and he has passed me way faster than that. The exhaust is strong and it makes me nauseous. I have not been able to report him because he immediately switches to the street after Columbia Pike.

Post Thanks / Like

The one I saw is riding a black bike, so it's not the same person.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw someone turn off of Church Street onto the trail going west last week, but it was on one of those scooters that people ride around on. I tried to catch him, but those things can haul, being road-legal and all. Probably not the same person, since it was a different type of gas-powered vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI, there is already a thread on this issue: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...kes-Let-s-talk