Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smokey Bob was back today

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionTier View Post
    No picture but he's about 5'8", W/M with a slim build. Smoking may have accelerated his aging, but I'd put him in his early-mid 50's. Blondish-grayish hair swept back and neatly trimmed. Typically wears a vest jacket (iirc it's off-white with a horizontal colored stripe). Generally upbeat gait, neither hunched over or too upright. His eyes suggest a late night compensated by stimulants (appearances only, not sure if that's the case). If memory serves, he typically holds his smoke in his right hand.

Incidentally, I think we're on the MVT at about the same time; I'm the guy on a black Niner with a big black backpack. See ya on the trail!
    Oh! This describes well the man I saw walking along the trail near the airport yesterday as I was riding home in the mid-afternoon. He was walking southward on MVT while tearing and scattering these bits of paper. I was wondering what the heck he was up to....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    Oh! This describes well the man I saw walking along the trail near the airport yesterday as I was riding home in the mid-afternoon. He was walking southward on MVT while tearing and scattering these bits of paper. I was wondering what the heck he was up to....
    MID-AFTERNOON?! As far as I know, we all thought it happened in the middle of the night, which was why no one ever saw it happening in person.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I recognize people by their "cycling gait" - posture, knee flair, etc. I can usually recognize someone from pretty far out just on their moving silhouette.
    Isn't it amazing how we spend so much time and money to develop cameras and sensors to detect and identify people but our eyes and brains are capable of identifying someone from way on the other side of Gravelly Point in low light while we're moving? Humans are awesome.

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionTier View Post
    Isn't it amazing how we spend so much time and money to develop cameras and sensors to detect and identify people but our eyes and brains are capable of identifying someone from way on the other side of Gravelly Point in low light while we're moving? Humans are awesome.
    Yep, and then when it's someone you've met like 20 times before, you can't remember their name. Awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Yep, and then when it's someone you've met like 20 times before, you can't remember their name. Awesome.
    Smile. Shake hands. Mumble a name that sounds like Steve....