Thread: Stationary Bike Recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stationary Bike Recommendations?

I moved from Arlington to Hong Kong in the fall and I am not road biking here at all but have decided to look into buying a stationary bike. Ideally the bike would have functionality that uploads my ride data to Strava and also allows me to do interactive training, either through classes (like Peloton and Flywheel offer) or through a virtual world like Zwift.

I would just buy a Peloton or Flywheel bike, but we can't. I will spare you the details, but suffice it to say that I've spoken to several people at both companies and there is no way they will ship to us abroad and NO work-around that's possible (you can't ship to a friend in US and then just have them re-ship... take my word for it). So, put those two options off the table.

I thought about buying a cheap bike and a smart trainer, but I am inclined not to do this, as my husband and I both want to use the stationary bike, and we would need different frame sizes to be really comfortable on the bike.

The four stationary bike options we can purchase locally are: LifeCycle GX; Keiser M3; Vision U40; Matrix IC2. The Keiser will take three months for delivery, whereas the others are available within a couple weeks. The LifeCycle is by far the most expensive. We've tested out all four in person and they are all equally comfortable. The question is which will give me the most options for data output and interactivity? For example, can I hook up my Garmin Edge 510 with its speed/cadence sensor + power meter to any/all of these so that the data will feed into Strava? Will any pair up with Zwift?

We've been researching this for a couple weeks now, but I thought I'd throw this out to the great hive mind of DC bikers to see if anyone has experience in this area and any suggestions.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Arlington county has several great community centers equipped with stationary bikes and other exercise machines, available to Arl residents at a very affordable rate. Check out the TJ Community Center, which is the best Arlington community center.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Arlington county has several great community centers equipped with stationary bikes and other exercise machines, available to Arl residents at a very affordable rate. Check out the TJ Community Center, which is the best Arlington community center.
    Very affordable + international airfare = not-so-affordable ��

4. Likes huskerdont, Sunyata, Judd, Emm liked this post