Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February 2018 Road and Trail Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    According to the Secret Service Twitter feed - suspicious vehicle in the area ("near 17th street NW") that resulted in the evacuation of the New Executive Office Building and various road closures.
    They really should have just had the president leap into action in full action-movie glory.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god the Custis "detour" in Rosslyn is amazing! Can we just leave it the way it is permanently (restoring the path for peds, of course)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twowheelsdc View Post
    oh my god the custis "detour" in rosslyn is amazing! Can we just leave it the way it is permanently (restoring the path for peds, of course)?
    amen.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Oh my god the Custis "detour" in Rosslyn is amazing! Can we just leave it the way it is permanently (restoring the path for peds, of course)?
    YES! And extend it all the way to Cherrydale (where the third lane WB goes away).

PS. If you like this detour and think that the detour when they fix the undulations near McCoy Park (Mom's), then now would be a good time to write des@arlingtonva.us and trails@arlingtonva.us to tell them.

Post Thanks / Like

Pic of the detour for folks that don't go that way or haven't yet. I really enjoyed it, both uphill and downhill. Mode separation (if pedestrians remained inside the sound wall and bikes were outside, where the detour is now) would be a great thing through here. The downside is the diesel exhaust that gets caught along the sound wall. I nearly choked yesterday going up after a dirty bus. And of course, that area up against the sound wall could get hot during the summer, but it's summer, so Rule#9.

Name:  20180228_161819.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  96.5 KB