Likes Likes:  51
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: WABA's Last Vasa Ride March 2018

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    1,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'll be a marshal for the 60 mile ride. I expect to be quite thirsty afterwards and doubt that the blueberry soup will be enough. Wunder Garten beer garden is nearby and opens at 2:00. Anyone interested?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    4,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    I'll be a marshal for the 60 mile ride. I expect to be quite thirsty afterwards and doubt that the blueberry soup will be enough. Wunder Garten beer garden is nearby and opens at 2:00. Anyone interested?
    I am also marshalling the long ride. So choose your Steve.

    Despite his goody-goodyness, I think his proposal is sound.

  3. #13
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    I'll be a marshal for the 60 mile ride. I expect to be quite thirsty afterwards and doubt that the blueberry soup will be enough. Wunder Garten beer garden is nearby and opens at 2:00. Anyone interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I am also marshalling the long ride. So choose your Steve.

    Despite his goody-goodyness, I think his proposal is sound.
    #TeamKitty

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Madison Manor
    Posts
    1,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    #TeamKitty
    #TeamHomebrewer

  5. #15
    lordofthemark's Avatar
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The forgotten corner of Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Another reason to do the short ride. REI is apparently offering free coffee to members that morning from 9 to noon. I can probably ride in, drink the coffee, and still roll out in time for the short ride. The free coffee will be important to make me feel better about not drinking beer #TeamLastDayOfPassover #NoChametzInTheBlueberrySoupRight?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Another reason to do the short ride. REI is apparently offering free coffee to members that morning from 9 to noon. I can probably ride in, drink the coffee, and still roll out in time for the short ride. The free coffee will be important to make me feel better about not drinking beer #TeamLastDayOfPassover #NoChametzInTheBlueberrySoupRight?
    It'll be interesting to see how short the 30ish miler really is. Keeping the pitstop at the Potomac Village Center limits the routing options; as the crow flies, it's about 14 miles from the NoMA REI to get there...and closer to 18 if you do something like the Capital Crescent Trail/MacArthur Blvd. to get out towards Cabin John.

    Barring any changes of plans, I'm probably in for the 30ish miler (so if you need someone on the slow side to ride with...); I'd thought the whole family would partake in the 15 miler, but they've since had a change of heart, and I stand little (really, no) chance of getting 60ish miles in under 5 hours. And with snow in the forecast...

  7. #17
    lordofthemark's Avatar
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The forgotten corner of Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how short the 30ish miler really is. Keeping the pitstop at the Potomac Village Center limits the routing options; as the crow flies, it's about 14 miles from the NoMA REI to get there...and closer to 18 if you do something like the Capital Crescent Trail/MacArthur Blvd. to get out towards Cabin John.

    Barring any changes of plans, I'm probably in for the 30ish miler (so if you need someone on the slow side to ride with...); I'd thought the whole family would partake in the 15 miler, but they've since had a change of heart, and I stand little (really, no) chance of getting 60ish miles in under 5 hours.
    That would be great!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    That would be great!
    #TeamSlow and maybe #TeamSnow

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington, VA (W&OD MP4.5)
    Posts
    257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Another reason to do the short ride. REI is apparently offering free coffee to members that morning from 9 to noon. I can probably ride in, drink the coffee, and still roll out in time for the short ride. The free coffee will be important to make me feel better about not drinking beer #TeamLastDayOfPassover #NoChametzInTheBlueberrySoupRight?
    I'm in for the Halvvasan 30 miler.

    Plus, being Reform I observe only seven days of Passover, so I'll drink LOTM's share of beer. Before you judge me, explain why you're riding on שבת

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We're signed up for Halvvasan as well. Though if it's snowing we may show up with x-c skis instead of a bike. Have the coffee, the blueberry soup, a beer with #TeamHomebrewer and call it a day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •