Likes Likes:  49
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monday Coffee on the Towpath

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Friday! Just wanted to share a few updates to the coffee meetup:
    * We continue to grow - there were 5 of us there this Monday! Most of the folks coming are from outside this forum, so I've been trying to keep the Instagram account (@coffeeOutsideDC) as the main place for announcements and planning.
    * I'm going to be out of town this coming Monday, so unless someone else wants to volunteer to lead in my place, I'll be back at it on Monday the 12th
    * There's a local bike team called 'Great Eskape' who are planning to start hosting a meetup at that same spot every other Friday, so I'm planning to join forces when them when they start up. They even have a coffee shop lined up to provide free coffee!
    * I plan to keep doing coffee outside on Mondays, but I'll probably start rotating around to other spots. I think I'll start with a cherry-blossom-edition Monday at the tidal basin on the 19th, and after that I've got my eye on Hains Point, Gravley Point, Anacostia, the Watergate steps, etc. I hope some of these other locations will bring out some new faces who can't make it all the way out to Chain Bridge on Monday mornings.

I'll be sure to keep the FS google calendar up to date!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmj7gh View Post
    Happy Friday! Just wanted to share a few updates to the coffee meetup:
    * We continue to grow - there were 5 of us there this Monday! Most of the folks coming are from outside this forum, so I've been trying to keep the Instagram account (@coffeeOutsideDC) as the main place for announcements and planning.
    * I'm going to be out of town this coming Monday, so unless someone else wants to volunteer to lead in my place, I'll be back at it on Monday the 12th
    * There's a local bike team called 'Great Eskape' who are planning to start hosting a meetup at that same spot every other Friday, so I'm planning to join forces when them when they start up. They even have a coffee shop lined up to provide free coffee!
    * I plan to keep doing coffee outside on Mondays, but I'll probably start rotating around to other spots. I think I'll start with a cherry-blossom-edition Monday at the tidal basin on the 19th, and after that I've got my eye on Hains Point, Gravley Point, Anacostia, the Watergate steps, etc. I hope some of these other locations will bring out some new faces who can't make it all the way out to Chain Bridge on Monday mornings.

I'll be sure to keep the FS google calendar up to date!
    That sounds great! Sorry I haven't made it out there yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds awesome. Monday is my one commute day without a coffee club, so I'll definitely stop by any that are near my route!

Post Thanks / Like

The Great Eskape Team had their first coffee outside ride this morning, and it had a great turnout (a few folks even kayaked up to us, so it was multimodal!) and went fantastically.

I'm going to keep trying to make Mondays happen by bouncing around to different spots, but it looks like the cherry blossoms aren't quite ready for us yet. I'm going to go to the reflecting pool instead. I'll be near the Lincoln Memorial end of the reflecting pool from 7-8am next Monday - feel free to stop and join me for some coffee!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6596.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	17539

Post Thanks / Like

This cold weather is really making scheduling difficult...

NPS just pushed their cherry blossom predication way back - now they're saying peak bloom will happen somewhere in April 8-12.

In the meantime, I'm going to try actually doing one of these in Arlington. I'll be watching the sunrise from the Netherlands Carillon on Monday from 7-8. Hope to see some of you there!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All - I haven't been keeping this thread updated, but the CoffeeOutside meetup lives on in the form of the GreatEskape/Zekes/Contes bi-weekly coffee rides. The group always meets in Georgetown at 7am and then usually rides down the towpath to the same spot near Chain Bridge.

This week they're changing the plan up a bit to avoid all the messiness on the towpath - instead they're coming into Arlington! This week's meetup will be at the Navy Merchant Marine Memorial (it's that big wave statue just off the Mount Vernon Trail west of Gravelly Point). Thought i'd share since this location is probably a lot more convenient for folks' commutes - hope to see some of y'all there! I'll be riding with them from Georgetown, but they'll probably get to the memorial around 7:30am if you want to meet them there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All - I haven't been keeping this thread updated, but the CoffeeOutside meetup lives on in the form of the GreatEskape/Zekes/Contes bi-weekly coffee rides. The group always meets in Georgetown at 7am and then usually rides down the towpath to the same spot near Chain Bridge.

This week they're changing the plan up a bit to avoid all the messiness on the towpath - instead they're coming into Arlington! This week's meetup will be at the Navy Merchant Marine Memorial (it's that big wave statue just off the Mount Vernon Trail west of Gravelly Point). Thought i'd share since this location is probably a lot more convenient for folks' commutes - hope to see some of y'all there! I'll be riding with them from Georgetown, but they'll probably get to the memorial around 7:30am if you want to meet them there.
    So will this be Monday Memorial Day? Or is it in the past?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

it was today! So I suppose their next meetup will be on Friday 6/8