Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresbikes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fresbikes?

No post about Freshbikes closing abruptly over the weekend?

rcannon100 is online now Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

The indifference sort of itself answers the question.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really the shop of choice for most of the folks on the forum. I used to do the Tuesday Night Rides every once in a while, which is the only time that I've been in their store. I saw Clovis name pop up doing bike fitting at Green Lizard a few weeks ago, which makes sense now.

4. Likes Lt. Dan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean that the Ballston Bike to Work Day pit stop will need to relocate?

6. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Not really the shop of choice for most of the folks on the forum. I used to do the Tuesday Night Rides every once in a while, which is the only time that I've been in their store. I saw Clovis name pop up doing bike fitting at Green Lizard a few weeks ago, which makes sense now.
    Good tip on Clovis--I just checked Green Lizard's site and he's now listed as their top fitter. https://www.greenlizardcycling.com/a...-fit-pg135.htm

I know some people have not had great experiences with him, but the 2 bikes he fitted me on ride wonderfully. I'm a little sad about fresh bikes closing though-- Clovis was pretty good about charging full price to fit you on the first bike, but around 1/2 price for 2nd/3rd/etc bike fits, even if it was a few years between bike fittings.

8. Likes Subby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://freshbikescycling.com/landingpage

Message on closing from the source.

Post Thanks / Like

Freshbikes in Ballston has been looking more and more closed when they put the pizza place in recently (I was trying to figure out how they were going to stay in business with so much less space and lack of street signage). Apparently they slowly reached that point so that I didn't realize it when I was across the lot last night. They were randomly helpful and insulting (not that they said outright insults, just told me an outright lie about the lube I liked ("Oh, that company merged with another and they don't make it any more") and told me that it would cost more to fix my bike than buy a new one (not at all the case. But I did both at another shop).). I was hoping they would stay for the rare occasion I needed to fix a flat while I was at the gym.

Post Thanks / Like

I've wondered why they didn't brand themselves a bit better, to indicate who their intended customers were.

From the outside, Freshbikes looked like any normal bike shop. One needed to go inside and get brushed off by the employees to find out they only cared about the Rapha demographic.

12. Likes Starduster, jctonett, Steve O, bobco85, drevil and 3 others liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought my road bike from Freshbikes and had better customer service experiences with them than most other shops...definitely better than the one that seems to be so popular on this forum, which I stopped patronizing after like 3 bad experiences in a row. They were also able to fix a seized crankarm that other shops couldn't, and they charged me less to actually fix it than another shop did just to attempt a fix. So I'm a little disappointed that they won't be around if/when I'm looking for a new road bike.

14. Likes VikingMariner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    I bought my road bike from Freshbikes and had better customer service experiences with them than most other shops...definitely better than the one that seems to be so popular on this forum, which I stopped patronizing after like 3 bad experiences in a row. They were also able to fix a seized crankarm that other shops couldn't, and they charged me less to actually fix it than another shop did just to attempt a fix. So I'm a little disappointed that they won't be around if/when I'm looking for a new road bike.
    Now that I think of it, they did fix a gunked up front derailleur that stopped working on the way to a TNR. I know they have a pretty bad rep, but everyone seemed cool to me the few times that I hung out in the store and drank a beer. I think it's sad any time a business folds and I hope everyone there has found new employment already.

16. Likes VikingMariner, ChampionTier, Birru liked this post