Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soundtrack to Your Ride

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I've also blasted Taylor Swift from my speaker on night rides when I'm all alone on the trail, but I'm guessing that's less your thing
    That paints a really cool picture! My wee lass had the 1989 album on heavy rotation a couple years back and I still get Shake it Off stuck in my head a whole bunch. TS has mad talent but there's consensus in my household that the Reputation album doesn't have the same appeal.

I'm with streetsmarts; I need to get a bluetooth speaker. I refuse to wear earbuds and so I'm at the mercy of whatever song bubbles to the surface of my mind while I'm riding...

2. Likes Emm, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    At least someone mentions bands I've *heard of*, thanks Emm !

Might have to get a speaker -when I'm alone on the trail at night I want to sneak stealthily by but maybe the way to handle it is blasting Taylor Swift!
    We're usually listening to Kidz Bop (so even better than TSwift). Always fun to try to figure out how they sanitized songs I never listen to otherwise.

4. Likes Emm, Judd, ChampionTier, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionTier View Post
    I need to get a bluetooth speaker. I refuse to wear earbuds and so I'm at the mercy of whatever song bubbles to the surface of my mind while I'm riding...
    This brings up a good point. Anyone have suggestions for a somewhat reasonably waterproof BT speaker? All the better if it fits in a bottle cage or quickly and easily attaches/unattaches from a handlebar mount.

I also refuse to wear headphones and while I firmly lean toward the "don't blast music on the trail" end of the spectrum; on average I might pass 3-6 people during my morning commute and sometimes I'd like music, a podcast, an audio book, or even a little NPR to occupy my brain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

6. Likes ChampionTier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    Might have to get a speaker
    Recommended Bluetooth speakers:
    Name:  Acorn.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  5.6 KB
    The Nut (surprising sound quality from an acorn)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buckshot20.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	16438
    Buckshot 2.0 (small and rugged with button controls on the speaker itself)

8. Likes ChampionTier, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a UE Boom that I got on some Amazon daily deal at one point (it's a bit pricier full price but seems to go on sale a fair amount). Fits nicely in a bottle cage and has been fine in the rain. Has a nice volume range, so has been great for just one of us or to entertain the whole trail. (It usually rides with the trailercycle.)

10. Likes ChampionTier liked this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Buckshot 2.0. Very nice. Good form factor. Good battery. Decent volume. Taken it through all types of weather - abused it - keeps working. Guys voice when it turns on and off is a bit annoying in my opinion. But whatev.

12. Likes ChampionTier, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Buckshot 2.0. Very nice. Good form factor. Good battery. Decent volume. Taken it through all types of weather - abused it - keeps working. Guys voice when it turns on and off is a bit annoying in my opinion. But whatev.
    Lots of forum folks have the Buckshot 2.0 and like them including me. Got mine on Sunyata’s advice.

Gina’s acorn speaker is super cute if that’s your thing.

14. Likes ChampionTier, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I third/fourth(?) buckshot 2.0. I've used it in massive downpours and it's functioned perfectly, it's easy to move between bikes with different handlebar shapes in only a second or two, and it has awesome battery life. My commute is around an hour each way, and I charge it maybe every 7th or 8th commute. It can also be dropped many many many times and survive without a scratch

But...DON'T BUY THE BUCKSHOT 1.0 VERSION! Absolute crap. It needs sight lines to your phone to work, which isn't possible if your phone is in your jersey pocket or a bag. It's one of the few items I've ever returned to amazon.

16. Likes ChampionTier, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just this week I saw a guy walking down the street with the Nut above swinging on a string. I wondered what on earth it was. Know I know!

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speaker-bike.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	16448
    I was hoping to scale up just a tad from the acorn (see above). While I may lose some trail etiquette points I feel the safety trade-off will make it worthwhile. Drivers can ignore my lights and hand signals but they can't ignore 500 watts of Midlake shakin' down Eisenhower.

19. Likes Judd, AFHokie, reji, Emm liked this post