Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: #kidical pointless prize

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Would Metro help?
    Not really. The trailercycle doesn't fit (unless I have my daughter pull it detached), so I'd have to bike. Which I am perfectly happy to do, but then it detracts from family time if my wife takes Metro solo. Not saying we couldn't make it... we're just not the ones to plan it around

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Sorry - it'll probably be a few weeks until we're given license to bike to Virginia again on the weekend (nothing against Virginia - it just requires more mileage than my wife would prefer). I also need to come up with another bribe idea...
    megoc42 and I could possibly convince our young'n to do a DC-based #withkid group ride.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by NemaVeze View Post
    megoc42 and I could possibly convince our young'n to do a DC-based #withkid group ride.
    If you need help planning, I can tell you how to bike with kids to nearly every brewery in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    If you need help planning, I can tell you how to bike with kids to nearly every brewery in DC.
    Is it "nearly" just because you're leaving open the (slim?) possibility there's one you haven't been to before, or because there's one you'd refuse to tell folks how to get to?

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    Is it "nearly" just because you're leaving open the (slim?) possibility there's one you haven't been to before, or because there's one you'd refuse to tell folks how to get to?
    Actually you're right, it's all. DC Brau (awful streets and bad sidewalks) and Three Stars (hills) are challenging for kids. I led a group of four kids and three other adults from Atlas to DC Brau to The Public Option over the summer and no one died.
    Last edited by jrenaut; 01-24-2018 at 05:11 PM. Reason: I knew "lead" looked wrong but bonked on how to actually spell it

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    We usually start somewhere with parking a do a loop (or something close to a loop). No shaming in driving to the ride.

We're open, so if there's something that would work for you, we can do that. Maybe a loop ending at Westover for lunch? (I was kinda thinking a looping ending at Westover for S'mores, but that would be evening)...
    I know its late notice, but I got approval to take the kids on a Saturday ride. I'm just outside the beltway in VA, but I'd take them into Arlington or wherever if the riding is better. Let me know!

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnbeast View Post
    I know its late notice, but I got approval to take the kids on a Saturday ride. I'm just outside the beltway in VA, but I'd take them into Arlington or wherever if the riding is better. Let me know!
    Alas, the possibility of a ride has fallen victim to the stomach bug that has ripped through our family this week. In the spirit of recovery and not spreading this sucker, we're going to be anti-social. Sorry.