Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custis Trail Intersection Improvements - Construction to begin later this month

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed some rough areas as well. I hope they'll be smoothing them out.

Also, I was surprised that the whole trail section wasn't repaved considering how long it was closed, but they only did the top part of the one section that's reopened. It's not the worst section of the Custis, but that uneven pavement near the fence opening to the apartments could have used repaving.

Hope the shoulders heal up quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    I was surprised that the whole trail section wasn't repaved considering how long it was closed, but they only did the top part of the one section that's reopened.
    Yeah, all they did was patch 2 divots in that section behind the sound wall.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eminva View Post
    Hello --

+1 for loving the detour. This was my first day bike commuting this week so I don't know exactly when it happened, but the trail section between Quinn and Oak is open now. Coming inbound, when I returning to the trail from the road at Quinn, there seems to be some kind of gutter between the curb cut and the street. I hit that at my usual somewhat cautious downhill pace and got launched. Was not expecting a mountain bike feature on my morning commute (on the road bike to boot) so it is a two ice pack morning for the elderly shoulders.

I didn't stop to examine it closely, but did anyone else find the transition a little rough?

Liz
    Ugh! Sorry this happened. I also noticed the rough transition and will email the project manager. If memory serves, when this was presented to the BAC, we were told this would be a "table" type crosswalk, where cars go up, instead of what we have...
    Last edited by dasgeh; 05-09-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! [Looks up] I'm leading a bike ride through the Custis Saturday morning. Been a few weeks since I last rode the route. Anything else I need to know about?

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    Good morning all! [Looks up] I'm leading a bike ride through the Custis Saturday morning. Been a few weeks since I last rode the route. Anything else I need to know about?
    The bumps aren't too bad when you're headed uphill. Downhill, just slow way down. And when you're done, write the County on how you find this unacceptable. des@arlingtonva.us would do just fine.