Likes Likes:  220
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
ELITE ELITE:  13
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Elevation per mile pointless prize

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by musclys View Post
    Oh, I was definitely just nagging, but in the most passive-aggressive way I could think of. Tbh, I would gladly pull on this, but I am not actually qualified to help. With anything, but certainly not with coding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Leaderboard is created: https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/billygoat-indiv

I guess the winner sometimes is someone that hardly does anything at all. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Leaderboard is created: https://freezingsaddles.org/pointless/billygoat-indiv

I guess the winner sometimes is someone that hardly does anything at all. :-)
    Link is not working.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Link is not working.
    Weird, I even double checked it. I must have broken it with a later commit. fixing it now.

Edit: ok, it's fixed.
    Last edited by hozn; 02-19-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing this hozn! I didn't mean to make extra work for ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuikAF77 View Post
    Thanks for doing this hozn! I didn't mean to make extra work for ya!
    Agreed. Thanks for doing that.

And Brad G. I'd like to officially curse you .. er.. I mean thank you for keeping the pressure on. You are obviously a natural climber, I am more of a natural descender!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob_dc View Post
    And Brad G. I'd like to officially curse you .. er.. I mean thank you for keeping the pressure on. You are obviously a natural climber, I am more of a natural descender!
    lol - we have a good battle going. Fortunately, keeping me in this are terrible friends who won't talk to me unless I ride hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bonus points for doing any one of these.

http://www.cycling-challenge.com/the...s-in-the-alps/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    Bonus points for doing any one of these.

http://www.cycling-challenge.com/the...s-in-the-alps/
    Wanted to go do the Tunnel du Parpaillon (from the south side, not the side he describes from Embrun), but decided to ride up the Col de Vars instead, since the road was closed to cars on that Monday... The climb up to Sainte-Anne la Condamine was still nasty... averaged about 8% the entire way. I did see some pietons going off for a march up there though. The tunnel was officially closed at the time too :/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170710_082445.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	17245

https://www.strava.com/activities/1076517540

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Bob on the victory! I tried to close the gap in this final week (and let's be honest, final hours...), but you were not to be outdone with your 15+ mile hill repeat rides. You've more than earned that craft beer prize (think of it as calorie replacement after 114K feet of climbing )!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by run/bike View Post
    Congrats Bob on the victory! I tried to close the gap in this final week (and let's be honest, final hours...), but you were not to be outdone with your 15+ mile hill repeat rides. You've more than earned that craft beer prize (think of it as calorie replacement after 114K feet of climbing )!
    Thank you sir J.C.! I was hesitant to claim victory as I saw you mention a possible strava/bafs connection failure. Hope (or maybe don't hope!) that got sorted out. Hey regardless of the outcome that was a heck of a comeback. I actually thought you'd win .. but I think you must have seen my comment on my hill repeats, they were a desperate attempt to stay on top. And far more frantic than usual there the last couple days. Also, I got sick and was out for about 6 days prior to that weekend, that helped open the window.

My saving grace was the hill behind where I live. I never thought I'd use that sucker. It's 22% at the top, maybe much like the hill from Chain Bridge, but lots shorter, like each trip to the bottom and back up was ~.1 miles. Slow going. I rode 18 miles of that sucker. Jeesh I rode that hill about 180 times. The dog with alzheimers kept forgetting who I was and couldn't stop barking (finally just fell asleep)! The worst part was I'd have to stop at the bottom and ride back up, not a "roller" type hill (not that there's anything wrong with rollers, I used another hill repeat for the same reason). Anyway, that hill was well over 300+ feet per mile.

I did see the wisdom of your riding, I'm glad you didn't start the hill repeats until the last week or two (whew), maybe thanks to our mutual friend Brad G.'s advice (right Mr. G?)? Well done sir. I would like to check out that hill you used over there, Quebec? Just not anytime soon though.

And I have to thank Brad because really he was one of the few persons that tried to compete, honorable mention to Alan A. Alan, you just had way too many miles in the tank but seem to be one of the strongest climbers around. Anyway, if it weren't for Brad I'd have slagged off. i think you were always poised to take the lead but I was intent on the hill repeats, I think I used hill repeats rather often. Which makes for another point - this pointless prize is hindered by riding miles (which IS the freeking point of FS, right??!). As pointed out in an earlier part of this thread, you were the dark horse to win this thing.

All you guys that competed are way faster climbers than I (hey, I saw all the KOMs) but I guess I like to climb, especially in winter months. If you aren't climbing you aren't working that hard.

I am planning on making the HH. Beer is incentive. But riding a "normal" bike ride will be sweet also.

Bob