Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Elevation per mile pointless prize

Default Elevation per mile pointless prize

I feel like sponsoring a pointless prize, and I enjoy climbing so here goes. Most elevation per mile on average for the entire competition. It is kind of the anti-HP laps prize.

Rules:

You must have a minimum of 29,029 ft of climbing total (height of Mt. Everest).

Self report on this thread if you think you have a shot. Pretty simple math, divide your total elevation by total miles.

Winner gets a curated 6-pack from breweries located in mountainous regions of the country. (Probably a decorated paper plate as well).

Edit/New rule: You MUST attend closing HH to claim your prize! I'm not carrying that extra weight for 40+ miles that day just to carry it home too! No-show winner means next highest gets the prize.

Bonus: If a team manages to average over 50ft/mile for the whole competition I will buy members of that team a beer at the closing Happy Hour.
    Last edited by QuikAF77; 01-18-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Talk to jrenaut. The math sounds pretty simple. I bet he could set up a leaderboard similar to my Points per Mile.

Alright Team 14... Get to climbing!

Quote Originally Posted by QuikAF77 View Post
    I feel like sponsoring a pointless prize, and I enjoy climbing so here goes. Most elevation per mile on average for the entire competition. It is kind of the anti-HP laps prize.
    I love this pointless prize. I also think there's a good chance you'll be awarding it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by musclys View Post
    I love this pointless prize. I also think there's a good chance you'll be awarding it to yourself.
    I'm obviously excluded from winning my own prize, but even if I was in the running I doubt I would win. Also as of today if Team 18 keeps it up I will have a large bar tab at the closing HH! They are averaging 54.3 ft/mi!

Been a while since I have felt this level of regret...

Quote Originally Posted by QuikAF77 View Post
    Self report on this thread if you think you have a shot. Pretty simple math, divide your total elevation by total miles.

Winner gets a curated 6-pack from breweries located in mountainous regions of the country. (Probably a decorated paper plate as well).

Bonus: If a team manages to average over 50ft/mile for the whole competition I will buy members of that team a beer at the closing Happy Hour.
    After you win, Matt, please remember to share some of the beer.

Without doing any real hill rides (like the Conte's SHR), currently at 39.15 feet per mile and 6,739 feet total elevation gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Yeup, you probably would have won!

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I'll pour one from that curated six-pack out for you.