Likes Likes:  388
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  14
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rides, gatherings and events during FS 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default DC loop ride -- Sunday, January 21

Several people expressed interest in doing a DC loop this Sunday, so I'm posting this as an "open to all BAFS participants and friends" ride.

The plan: roll out from the Whole Foods in Pentagon City at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday. (I'll be there earlier if you want to join me for breakfast or coffee.) Take the Capital Crescent Trail up to Bethesda and stop for coffee -- likely at Quartermaine, although I'm open to suggestions. Head east to hit the Sligo Creek and Northwest Branch Trails, with a lunch stop at Franklins in Hyattsville. Take the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail to Navy Yard and a beer/ice cream break. Circle back and finish in Pentagon City.

The route: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1914792920. It's about 45 miles, on a mix of trails and roads. There's a gentle but steady climb up the CCT to Bethesda, and there's one hilll on Forsythe that I had to walk the last time I did this route. (I'm terrible at hills.) Other than that, the route is pretty flat.

The details: social pace (12-15 mph), no drop. Bring a lock for the coffee/lunch/beer stops. The temperature is forecast to be about 35 degrees at the start but above 50 degrees by the end, so layer appropriately. If you'd like to join us for just part of the ride, you're welcome to do that too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    Legal in Las Vegas will be meeting up with any and all Freezing Saddle'ers this Saturday at Caffe Amouri in Vienna at 1100. 107 Church Street NE. Right off the bike trail. INFILTRATORS WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED! Last year, the gathering at Caffe Amouri was HUGE. In fact, might've been the largest social gathering outside of the two Freezing Saddles happy hours.

https://www.caffeamouri.com/
    Reminder to all who want to meet up for coffee tomorrow at Caffe Amouri in Vienna. It's a Team 21 "thing" but everyone else is invited to crash the party. Ride out there on your own. Or make it a team ride. Be there, aloha!

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Several people expressed interest in doing a DC loop this Sunday, so I'm posting this as an "open to all BAFS participants and friends" ride.

The plan: roll out from the Whole Foods in Pentagon City at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday. (I'll be there earlier if you want to join me for breakfast or coffee.) Take the Capital Crescent Trail up to Bethesda and stop for coffee -- likely at Quartermaine, although I'm open to suggestions. Head east to hit the Sligo Creek and Northwest Branch Trails, with a lunch stop at Franklins in Hyattsville.

Nice, I looked in there once on a walk around Hyattsville, but never had a beer there.

Take the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail to Navy Yard and a beer/ice cream break.

Sigh. Not a new place for me, but a logical place on the loop, and for people who don't get here much, a good place to explore.

Circle back and finish in Pentagon City.

The route: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1914792920. It's about 45 miles, on a mix of trails and roads. There's a gentle but steady climb up the CCT to Bethesda, and there's one hilll on Forsythe that I had to walk the last time I did this route. (I'm terrible at hills.)

OMG.

Other than that, the route is pretty flat.

The details: social pace (12-15 mph), no drop. Bring a lock for the coffee/lunch/beer stops.
    The temperature is forecast to be about 35 degrees at the start but above 50 degrees by the end, so layer appropriately. If you'd like to join us for just part of the ride, you're welcome to do that too.

Sounds good.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Port City happy hour today

Fxbooks (team 12) and I (team 15) are headed to Port City Brewery today ~5:00 for Beerneuring and an impromptu BAFS happy hour. Come join us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reji View Post
    Fxbooks (team 12) and I (team 15) are headed to Port City Brewery today ~5:00 for Beerneuring and an impromptu BAFS happy hour. Come join us!
    How long do you think you'll be there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    How long do you think you'll be there?
    I'm planning on at least a couple of beers and some awesome Puerto Rican food from the food truck, so I'm sure we'll be there past 7:00.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reji View Post
    I'm planning on at least a couple of beers and some awesome Puerto Rican food from the food truck, so I'm sure we'll be there past 7:00.
    Uh! I missed not only a happy hour but Puerto Rican food... 😨 I didn't know about the PR food truck @port city. Is that a regular thing? 🙄

Post Thanks / Like

Komorebi, I'm wondering when you think the ride is gonna get to the CCT and also to Quartermaine. I'm thinking of tryna meet up in one of those places...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    there's one hilll on Forsythe that I had to walk the last time I did this route. (I'm terrible at hills.)

OMG.
    Don't worry; it's a short hill. Only 0.2 miles according to Google, or 0.1 miles for the actual Strava segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Komorebi, I'm wondering when you think the ride is gonna get to the CCT and also to Quartermaine. I'm thinking of tryna meet up in one of those places...
    Estimating arrival times for these rides is always a crapshoot, but I'm guessing we'll be at the start of the CCT around 9:35-9:45, and at Quartermaine around 10:10-10:20. If you'd like, PM me your cell phone number and I'll text you with an update along the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Komorebi, Iím going to try to meet up with the ride at the CCT too.