Likes Likes:  388
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  14
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rides, gatherings and events during FS 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    I'll be there, probably around 5/5:30! Thank you for picking a place so close to me
    It's close and you'll be able to practically coast the whole way home!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    It's almost Pi Day, so let's bike and have pie!
    Looks like I will be joining!

Post Thanks / Like

Are we heading out from livin’ the pie life at 9:30 or meeting for pie at that time and leaving later?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awitt View Post
    Are we heading out from livin’ the pie life at 9:30 or meeting for pie at that time and leaving later?
    Meeting for pie at 9:30 a.m. We'll probably do the safety talk at 9:50 a.m. and roll out around 10:00 a.m.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning on coming to the Pie Ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Doughnut Ride, March 18, DC and Virginia

Doughneurers and Friends of Round Food,

I have worked out a route for us on Sunday! I think this counterclockwise route will be great and not take all day.
    The Pre-Ride meeting for coffee is Vigalante Coffee in Hyattsville, we will be there around 8:30, enjoy a brew, and head into DC by 9:15, the route or trails used is to be determined.
    The DC meeting point is UNION MARKET, we expect to arrive at or about 10:00am, and will enjoy B Doughnuts, a note about a pre-order will be sent to those who RSVP because these delicious doughnuts sell out fast, and we want some! Meeting will be at the picnic tables outside, assuming the weather is fair.
    From B, we will loop through town hitting doughnut purveryors in this order: The Pretzel Bakery; Gregory's Coffee, Beard Papa's, District Doughnuts (Cady's Alley); cross the river to Bayou Bakery in Courthouse; back to DC, all stops at this point are tentative, Astro's Doughnuts; Right Proper Brewing Company; ride officially ends.
    The Marylanders will pedal north somehow with Franklins Restaurant as the target destination. It is across the street from Vigilante.
    I can add you to the DC-VA text message if you want progress reports and intend to join us for only some of the stops, please pm me with your mobile phone number.
    RSVP, even if it is only a maybe, so we do not inadvertently miss anyone. Please indicate at which point you plan to join, Vigilante or Union Market, or en route.
    Riders are welcome to join en route and exit when needed.
    Attachment 17448Attachment 17449

We might score some Day-Old St. Patrick's Day Greenies
    Attachment 17450Attachment 17451

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks @komorebi! Best ride this year!

Post Thanks / Like

The Pi ride was awesome...Thank you Komorebi for the planning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Edelweiss, I'll meet at Vigilante Coffee and stick around until Right Proper I'm thinking. I definitely want to get in on the B Doughnuts pre-order so I can snag some vegan donuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default SATURDAY Doughnut Riders, Please RSVP and Pre-Order Information

Doughnut Riders!

The prediction for Saturday is looking pretty good, and it is St. Patrick's Day, so I know we will have a great ride. I am sure we will be tempted to eat some Green Doughnuts. Decorating your bike for the day is optional, green attire is encouraged.

I am asking for committed RSVPs as soon as possible; we have a large number of Proteus Riders starting this ride in College Park, and I want a good head count so I can WARN the doughnut shops of our impending onslaught.
    Let me know if you are joining the ride at Proteus, Union Market, or en route.

Those of you who are committed to joining this ride and want to ensure that you get the doughnut of your heart's desire at B Doughnut (Union Market) are invited to join in a Pre-Order. This pop-up sells out of the unique flavors early, and we probably won't get there until after 11:00 on Saturday. (The Sunday Ride will ALSO make this stop; it is the official ride start on Sunday)

Please view the menu here: http://www.bdoughnut.com/menu/ NOTE: There is also a Lucky Charms doughnut for St. Patrick's Day, you can see it on B Doughnut's Instagram page. To pre-order, please message me with your selection. They offer many sweet, filled, and savory--Bagels & Lox! flavors, as well as 2 vegan doughnuts, many pictured below. You will be required to pay me for the pre-ordered doughnut, cash please. Please do not pre-order if your participation is uncertain. We should get there before everything is sold out! And we have a whole lot more doughnuts awaiting us on Saturday, and those other doughnut shops should have ample options for us as we cruise around DC.

Ride details/route can be viewed in the #donut thread.

DO IT NOW: RSVP to this thread, get counted! Message me if you want to Pre-Order, or if you want to be added to the text Alerts as we move around so you can join us.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday! Kate

Sunday Ride message coming soon!