Likes Likes:  388
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  14
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Rides, gatherings and events during FS 2018

Judd is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    We played Sorry!, argued about the rules, and talked about counties and cities in Virginia (which is different than in other places ). FS withdrawal is real.
    Fun times.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for organizing Jeanne! Someday I will tell you about how Illinois has townships if you really want to get into layers of government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    We played Sorry!, argued about the rules, and talked about counties and cities in Virginia (which is different than in other places ). FS withdrawal is real.
    Fun times.

Thanks for organizing Jeanne! Someday I will tell you about how Illinois has townships if you really want to get into layers of government.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post

It was fun. Yes that sounds Fascinating!!! More board games. ..with FS...planning for next year

Oh I once played human sized Trouble. We could do that! !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    I'm also going through BAFS withdrawal. The solution: WSGFABR!

Specifically, we should go for a bike ride to check out the future site of the WB&A bridge over the Patuxent, as Judd suggested in this thread.

I'm going to head out there this Sunday, March 25, using this route: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1919980307. Optional breakfast meetup at the Whole Foods in Pentagon City at 8:30 a.m., roll out from Whole Foods at 9:00 a.m. We'll take the ART as far as we can, take to the roads to get to Seabrook, hop onto the WB&A trail until it meets the Patuxent River, circle around to where the trail starts up again on the other side of the river, ride to the Odenton MARC station, and take the MARC bike train back to Union Station.

Pace will be 12-15 mph. Bring a lock and money for snacks/lunch and your MARC ticket. The temperature will probably be in the thirties for most of the ride and we'll be riding into a headwind, so plan appropriately. If you'd like to join us for just part of the ride, you're welcome to do that too; there are options to jump on to the Metro/MARC at College Park, Seabrook, and Bowie.
    91.73% chance that Jo and I will join yinz somewhere starting between Mile 10 and Mile 18. I'll dig around for my skinsuit and aero helmet to help with the headwind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    91.73% chance that Jo and I will join yinz somewhere starting between Mile 10 and Mile 18. I'll dig around for my skinsuit and aero helmet to help with the headwind
    Cool. We'll look for you on the trail. Or more accurately, we'll look for Jo, because no one will recognize you if you're wearing a skinsuit and aero helmet. If you'd like to be added to my Garmin LiveTrack for the day, just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. We'll look for you on the trail. Or more accurately, we'll look for Jo, because no one will recognize you if you're wearing a skinsuit and aero helmet. If you'd like to be added to my Garmin LiveTrack for the day, just let me know.
    Much success. First time for JoM and me on the WB&A Trail. Thanks for waiting for us!

The Komorebi Echelon by ricky d, on Flickr

Rimas Offers Lemon Ginger Cookies by ricky d, on Flickr

Over, Under, Around the Log by ricky d, on Flickr

MARC Train Home from Odenton by ricky d, on Flickr

Last edited by drevil; 03-25-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip. Thanks to Josephine for letting me continue to suggest places to ride to and not requiring me to do any of the planning.

I live tweeted todayís ride. I also had video rolling but havenít looked at it yet. Twitter feed is here:

https://twitter.com/lumberjackcycle/...775665664?s=21

Post Thanks / Like

That was a fun trip. Thanks for coming along, and sticking with me even when I took us onto Crain Hwy and everyone thought we were going to die.

For everyone who's been on and enjoyed the WB&A trail -- if you'd like to see a safe route to the trailhead that doesn't involve biking on Crain Hwy, WABA is working to build a safe connection between the WB&A trailhead and the Marvin Gaye trail in DC. There's going to be a kickoff meeting for these efforts next Saturday at 11 a.m. at the Glenarden Library: http://org.salsalabs.com/o/451/p/sal...ent_KEY=100432. I plan to bike there, and would welcome company if anyone else wants to go.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a fun trip. Thanks for coming along, and sticking with me even when I took us onto Crain Hwy and everyone thought we were going to die.

For everyone who's been on and enjoyed the WB&A trail -- if you'd like to see a safe route to the trailhead that doesn't involve biking on Crain Hwy, WABA is working to build a safe connection between the WB&A trailhead and the Marvin Gaye trail in DC. There's going to be a kickoff meeting for these efforts next Saturday at 11 a.m. at the Glenarden Library: http://org.salsalabs.com/o/451/p/sal...ent_KEY=100432. I plan to bike there, and would welcome company if anyone else wants to go.
    Iíll be attending and planning on biking there too. We should ride the Marvin Gaye Trail in the way there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I’ll be attending and planning on biking there too. We should ride the Marvin Gaye Trail in the way there.
    Great minds and all that. Here's my suggested route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27092387. Optional breakfast meetup at the Whole Foods in Pentagon City at 8:30 a.m., roll out from Whole Foods at 9:00 a.m.