Likes Likes:  388
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  14
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rides, gatherings and events during FS 2018

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Sounds like Pete might be planning something fun for Saturday!
    To add yet another conflict with having to choose between a doughnut or a sushi ride or seeing my son in Richmond. But then Pete doesn't ride on Saturdays. Is his wife out of town again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    To add yet another conflict with having to choose between a doughnut or a sushi ride or seeing my son in Richmond. But then Pete doesn't ride on Saturdays. Is his wife out of town again?
    Not 100% sure, but we are planning on doing a fun little gravel ride out in Loudoun County if anyone wants to join! (Will post details later.)

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if this has been posted (too lazy to read the prior pages) but the amazing Brett (Team 7) and the almost as amazing Laurie's (slacker) beer ride looks like it will be on for this Saturday.

Details will be here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1985073218434164/

Post Thanks / Like

Not so dirty bikers today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doughnut Rides Coming Soon--Maryland - DC Route Revealed March 17th!!

Doughneurers!

Just reconfirming the End of Freezing Saddles' Weekend Doughnut Rides on Saturday March 17th (yes, St. Partick's Day!!) and Sunday, March 18th.

The Saturday Ride 17 March will officially begin at Proteus Bikes in College Park at 10:00. The ride will exit the Beltway to the north briefly (for doughnuts, of course!), then shoot south on the Trails to the Anacostic Riverwalk Trail to Benning Road, with the first stop in the District at Union Market, target arrival time before/around noon. [Meeting point for those not inclined to pedal out to College Park is Union Mkt]. Then we will circle around DC hitting four more doughnut shops before heading back to the Realm in the North, with a finish at (yes) yet another doughnut purveyor, Milkboy in College Park--also an option for a full menu of food and drinks. Start-to-End Mileage is 37.2. Joining en route is fine, and you can peel off as needed, as well. Timing for the stops after Union Market will be unknown, but I will do a group text message as we navigate around DC.

The stops: Proteus, Rawlin's Bakery, Union Market, Sugar Shack on 9th NW, Krispy Kreme (Dupont Crl), Astro Doughnuts and Fried Chicken, DC-Doughnuts @Eastern Market, Milkboy in College Park (end).

Specifics on the Virginia Ride March 18th will be posted shortly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2327423579_2fe8d07d3c_z.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	17332 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	17331
    You can begin RSVPing for Maryland-DC Ride now. Please specify if you plan to join at Proteus, or en-route so we can coordinate our meeting up. Message me if you want your phone number added for the Group Doughnut Texts. The long range weather forecast looks pretty good! No wind!
    Edelweiss

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pie ride -- Saturday, March 10

It's almost Pi Day, so let's bike and have pie!

We'll start at 9:30 a.m. at Livin' the Pie Life, 2166 N. Glebe Rd. in Arlington. Then we'll ride to The Pie Gourmet in Vienna, hit Killer E.S.P. in Alexandria, and end at Pie Sisters in Georgetown. The route (http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1967315459) is about 38 miles, mostly on trails. Social pace (12-15 mph), no drop. Bring a lock and money for all of that delicious pie.

If you want to join us en route, PM me your email address, and Iíll temporarily add you to my Garmin LiveTrack. Youíll get an email when we start riding, with a link thatíll allow you to see where we are in real time.

Post Thanks / Like

I love pie!!! Iíll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    It's almost Pi Day, so let's bike and have pie!

We'll start at 9:30 a.m. at Livin' the Pie Life, 2166 N. Glebe Rd. in Arlington. Then we'll ride to The Pie Gourmet in Vienna, hit Killer E.S.P. in Alexandria, and end at Pie Sisters in Georgetown. The route (http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1967315459) is about 38 miles, mostly on trails. Social pace (12-15 mph), no drop. Bring a lock and money for all of that delicious pie.
    Yum, yum. It was so much fun last year. I am looking forward to the ride and will meet you in Arlington on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday (3/9) happy hour

Reji's Friday impromptu happy hour will be at Ramparts today. https://www.rampartstavern.com/

I expect to get there around 5:00.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reji View Post
    Reji's Friday impromptu happy hour will be at Ramparts today. https://www.rampartstavern.com/

I expect to get there around 5:00.
    I'll be there, probably around 5/5:30! Thank you for picking a place so close to me