Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Rides, gatherings and events during FS 2018

Default Trivia in Greenbelt, February 6th

Where: Old Line Bistro, 11011 Baltimore Ave, Beltsville, MD
    When: Tuesday, 6 February, 7:00pm - ?

Ride your bikes to the Old Line Bistro in Beltsville, MD. We will be playing trivia, which starts at 7:30pm - so arrive in time to sign up if you want to play and find a seat.

There is some bicycle parking out front. We do not recommend that you ride Route 1. If you are coming from the south, head north on Rhode Island Ave, take a right on Sunnyside, a left on Tucker, a left on Ewing, and a right on Bacon to take the back way to Costco. The Old Line is in the shopping center just on the north side of Costco.

Hope to see some folks there!

** Alternate routing is to continue on Rhode Island, crossing over Route 1 and continuing north (beware - awkward intersection). Then take a right onto Sellman and cross Route 1 again using Sellman in front of the Costco. The restaurant will be in the shopping center just north of Costco.
    Last edited by Mtansill; 02-02-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added alternate routing and corrected town

Default Dumpling ride -- Saturday, February 10

What: Ride with friends to try some of the areaís most delicious dumplings, at Laoban Dumplings (Foggy Bottom), District Dumplings (Mosaic District), Beard Papaís (Skyline), and Mandu (Mt. Vernon Square). The route is about 37 miles, mostly on trails but with some streets and hills. Social pace (12-15 mph), no drop.

Who: Birru of team 21, komorebi of team 11, and whoever wants in on the deliciousness.

Where and when: meet at 11 a.m. at Laoban Dumplings, 2000 Pennsylvania Ave. NW (although the shop is actually in an alcove closer to the corner of 21st and I). Bike parking in the area isnít great, but thereís a wheelbender rack on I Street and various poles.

Still have questions? Read on.

Q: Why are you doing the ride this Saturday? Itís supposed to rain.

A: This weekend is the last weekend before Chinese New Year, when dumplings are traditionally eaten for good luck.

Q: You didnít answer my question about rain.

A: You didnít ask a question, but never mind. Bring rain gear; weíll try to keep the ride moving so that weíre done before the worst of the rain moves in during the afternoon. But check back here for updates, because we might reschedule or shorten the ride if the forecast deteriorates.

Q: What if I want to join midride?

A: PM me your email address, and Iíll temporarily add you to my Garmin LiveTrack. Youíll get an email when we start riding, with a link thatíll allow you to see where we are in real time.

Q: Will there be vegetarian options?

A: Yes, all of the restaurants have vegetarian options.

Q: What if I canít finish a whole order of dumplings?

A: Find an eating partner or two, and split an order. An order at Laoban is 6 or 8 dumplings. An order at District Dumplings is 10 dumplings, but you can mix and match.

Q: Wait, Beard Papaís sells cream puffs, not dumplings. Isnít this supposed to be a dumpling ride?

A: Well, a cream puff is kind of like a dumpling, if you look at it in a certain light Ė dough wrapped around a pocket of deliciousness . . . not buying it? OK, fine. The truth is that weíre including it on the ride because (1) more people should know about Beard Papaís, (2) itís a convenient place to caffeinate and use the bathroom.

Q: What if I still have questions?

A: PM me or post your question here.

Not a FS gathering per se, but lots of FS'ers at Sushi Zen tonight. Supporter social for Phoenix Bikes with a percentage of proceeds donated to Phoenix Bikes. Great food for a great organization!

Canít wait for the dumpling ride!

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Q: What if I want to join midride?

A: PM me your email address, and I’ll temporarily add you to my Garmin LiveTrack. You’ll get an email when we start riding, with a link that’ll allow you to see where we are in real time.
    You have my email address already, can you add me? I am planning on heading out on the canal early and doing a long training ride. On the way back, Dane and I may try and find you guys (if it is not raining).

Default Happy Hour today (2/9) at New District Brewing

I'm planning to show up around 5:00. Who wants to challenge me to a game of Battleship?

http://www.newdistrictbrewing.com/

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by reji View Post
    I'm planning to show up around 5:00. Who wants to challenge me to a game of Battleship?

https://youtu.be/HkZeUa53Jyg

I'm going to try to make it with the caveat that I didn't go to sleep until 1 last night after "stopping in for just 1 beer" at Bar Roubaix after the Bicyclist Choice Awards last night.

Quote Originally Posted by reji View Post

Iím in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah! I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    You have my email address already, can you add me? I am planning on heading out on the canal early and doing a long training ride. On the way back, Dane and I may try and find you guys (if it is not raining).
    Sure, will do.