Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are individual leaderboards gone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    My goal each year has been to finish in the top 100, so it would be nice if that ranking also worked.
    Yeah, I guess I don't get why we need workarounds? It's possible the disappearance of the individual leaderboard is a glitch. But, if not, what was the rationale?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    If you really, really can't stand not knowing where you are in the individual point standings
    Different people get different things out of BAFS, there are lots of ways to play. Personally I am someone usually near the top and I enjoy checking to see how I measure up against the top riders.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I did remove them from the main links, which was part of the intent to demote them. The intent wasn't really to remove them, but we don't yet have a page that lists all the leaderboards in a single place. I'm not really of a strong opinion on the matter, so I can put the top-level links back until we have a way to more correctly "demote" (rather than remove them). But, yeah, FS is only a team competition, so the point was to make that a little clearer. I.e. there is no official individual points leaderboard, because that's not a prize (at least not an official one -- is someone doing a pointless prize for person with most points?)

Anyway, I'll restore the links, since making people go through workarounds -- or guess the URL -- is not really the intent here

Post Thanks / Like

And, done.

I was shocked to learn that Bob James is at the top of the leaderboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see the individual leader boards back since, if I recall correctly, at least one of the people who was pushing getting rid of them is not in Freezing Saddles. Anyhow, I was immediately reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FGRVRzXZM

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    If you really, really can't stand not knowing where you are in the individual point standings, you can find out from the "Steve O's Crazy Idea" leaderboard under the "Alternate Scoring" tab. It includes "Old Points" and lets you sort the list of riders accordingly. To determine your position, you will have to manually count down from Bob James since the "Rank" column is based on Steve O's Crazy Idea and does not change when you sort the list by a different column.
    Only us fans of Steve O's crazy ideas got to find that on our own though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    I.e. there is no official individual points leaderboard, because that's not a prize (at least not an official one -- is someone doing a pointless prize for person with most points?)
    I seem to recall Subby kissing the top of his individual points trophy, which was made out of a saddle that I had formerly ridden...meaning I had previously rubbed my ass on it for hours and hours. Actually, how could I forget?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    I seem to recall Subby kissing the top of his individual points trophy, which was made out of a saddle that I had formerly ridden...meaning I had previously rubbed my ass on it for hours and hours. Actually, how could I forget?
    Sorry to have forgotten that! :-)

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Well, there was no individual top points prize the first year and not team top points prize the second year (no, I'm not still bitter).