Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are individual leaderboards gone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are individual leaderboards gone?

The individual leaderboards both Chart and Text links are gone from the front page and drop down menu. Is this to focus more on team points?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuikAF77 View Post
    The individual leaderboards both Chart and Text links are gone from the front page and drop down menu. Is this to focus more on team points?
    That's my understanding - I think it was mentioned towards the end of the 30 page scoring thread of death and destruction.

For folks who really care about that aspect, you can see that as part of the SteveO's Crazy Idea leaderboard at the moment (it won't tell you a number but you can get a rough sense of placing).

Post Thanks / Like

To me it seems just weird....no leaderboard for individuals competing in Freezing Saddles, but there IS a leaderboard for the so-called Friends-of-Freezing-Saddles, who (presumably) are not interested in competing.
    I've not been looking at the Freezing Saddles website 'til today (in searching for my MIA teammates on team 22) so maybe I am missing something...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels&wings View Post
    To me it seems just weird....no leaderboard for individuals competing in Freezing Saddles, but there IS a leaderboard for the so-called Friends-of-Freezing-Saddles, who (presumably) are not interested in competing.
    I've not been looking at the Freezing Saddles website 'til today (in searching for my MIA teammates on team 22) so maybe I am missing something...
    It looks like the leaderboard is still there, but the link was removed from the menu. So maybe a temporary glitch as part of demoting that leaderboard?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LhasaCM View Post
    That's my understanding - I think it was mentioned towards the end of the 30 page scoring thread of death and destruction.

For folks who really care about that aspect, you can see that as part of the SteveO's Crazy Idea leaderboard at the moment (it won't tell you a number but you can get a rough sense of placing).
    Oh boo, that sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuikAF77 View Post
    Oh boo, that sucks.
    Let me correct myself - thinking about it more, I believe the discussion was to demote the individual leaderboard, not eliminate it entirely. But I could be misremembering.

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who is hoping to finish nowhere near the top of the leaderboard, I still find the deletion disappointing. It's fun to know who's riding a ton, and it's much tougher to tell by sorting through the team scoring.
    Last edited by musclys; 01-12-2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling is tuff

Post Thanks / Like

If you really, really can't stand not knowing where you are in the individual point standings, you can find out from the "Steve O's Crazy Idea" leaderboard under the "Alternate Scoring" tab. It includes "Old Points" and lets you sort the list of riders accordingly. To determine your position, you will have to manually count down from Bob James since the "Rank" column is based on Steve O's Crazy Idea and does not change when you sort the list by a different column.
    Last edited by bentbike33; 01-12-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Help finding the thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    To determine your position, you will have to manually count down from Bob James since the "Rank" column is based on Steve O's Crazy Idea and does not change when you sort the list by a different column.
    More incentive to finish higher on the board for less manual counting I guess. My goal each year has been to finish in the top 100, so it would be nice if that ranking also worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    If you really, really can't stand not knowing where you are in the individual point standings, you can find out from the "Steve O's Crazy Idea" leaderboard under the "Alternate Scoring" tab. It includes "Old Points" and lets you sort the list of riders accordingly. To determine your position, you will have to manually count down from Bob James since the "Rank" column is based on Steve O's Crazy Idea and does not change when you sort the list by a different column.
    If you don't like manual counting but like copying and pasting as well as spreadsheets, that table pastes nicely into Excel.

Or, at least as of now: https://freezingsaddles.com/leaderboard/individual_text