Thread: How to seat tubeless tire using your car tire

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to seat tubeless tire using your car tire

I was talking to Rimas last night about homemade tubeless tire setups, and he mentioned that he didn't have a compressor so had a really difficult time seating the tire. I mentioned that I saw a vid of a guy doing it using his car tire and I'd send him a link if I found it again. Found it (@ 4 min 45 sec):
    https://youtu.be/AfTfks6iu10?t=4m45s

Seems like a good, last ditch way to do it, but I've never tried it myself. If you do try it, pump that car tire back up to proper pressure!

Or if that's too sketchy for you, you can try the garden sprayer compressor:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxNWiLQKxOs

2. Likes Rimas liked this post
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I had some issues getting my gravel tires to seat after a puncture a few weeks ago...putting the tires on and letting them sit by a furnace vent for a few hours made a big difference. But to avoid the issue in the future I broke down and bought an Airshot Inflator. Definitely a worthwhile investment, and cheaper and smaller than a legit compressor.

4. Likes Rimas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    I had some issues getting my gravel tires to seat after a puncture a few weeks ago...putting the tires on and letting them sit by a furnace vent for a few hours made a big difference. But to avoid the issue in the future I broke down and bought an Airshot Inflator. Definitely a worthwhile investment, and cheaper and smaller than a legit compressor.
    Yeah, those Airshots look interesting, and I'd consider one (or those high volume/tubeless seater pumps) if I took a road trip.
    Last edited by drevil; 01-11-2018 at 07:02 PM.