Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team 10!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team 10!

What's up Team 10?

I've been checking the board this AM and didn't see a post for BAFS2018 team so I've taken the liberty of getting things started here. I'm not sure who our official team captain is so forgive me for jumping in.

This is my third year participating in BAFS and I'm excited to keep pushing my boundaries and besting my point totals from previous years.

For next steps we'll need a few things:
    1. A team name.
    2. Strava team.

I'll just throw out a potential name - "Zehn and the Art of Bicycle Riding". Zehn being German for 10.

I've also created a Strava group so we can start getting rides up on the Freezing Saddles Leaderboard. Happy to edit it with pics and an updated team name once we've all agreed. Go here to join: https://www.strava.com/clubs/335329

For now, check in here and tell us a little bit about yourself. Look forward to meeting everyone and hopefully getting in some group rides over the next 2+ months!

2. Likes CPTJohnC, Fast Friendly Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by run/bike View Post
    What's up Team 10?

I've been checking the board this AM and didn't see a post for BAFS2018 team so I've taken the liberty of getting things started here. I'm not sure who our official team captain is so forgive me for jumping in.

This is my third year participating in BAFS and I'm excited to keep pushing my boundaries and besting my point totals from previous years.

For next steps we'll need a few things:
    1. A team name.
    2. Strava team.

I'll just throw out a potential name - "Zehn and the Art of Bicycle Riding". Zehn being German for 10.

I've also created a Strava group so we can start getting rides up on the Freezing Saddles Leaderboard. Happy to edit it with pics and an updated team name once we've all agreed. Go here to join: https://www.strava.com/clubs/335329

For now, check in here and tell us a little bit about yourself. Look forward to meeting everyone and hopefully getting in some group rides over the next 2+ months!
    Thanks for stepping up. Your team captain is technically CPTJohnC - But he did not make it to the happy hour (and no one else from the team RSVP'ed in time for me to appoint an acting captain). Hopefully the rest of your team will join in shortly!

4. Likes Fast Friendly Guy, run/bike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for starting the strava group! My strava name is Davis Kuykendall.

As for a team name, how about "No Pun in Ten"?

6. Likes Fast Friendly Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for getting our team Strava started! I just joined the team. My name is Bryan, so you should hopefully see me on there now

A few of us managed to make it to happy hour last night, and maybe others came later since I left relatively early. I believe CPTJohnC is team captain. Hopefully the lack of posts on our team thread means everybody else is out riding right now!

I am in Alexandria, and commute into DC quite often other than the occasional day like today when I work from home. I should make it out before the end of the day most likely. Some days I might only manage a sleaze, but will try and get out every day if at all possible. There is a chance I may miss a week or two with travel, but so far my calendar is clear.

I look forward to meeting everybody!

8. Likes Fast Friendly Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Team name ideas

Hey guys, I'm Ben Johnson on Strava. I was at the Happy hour last night and met Bryan and "Fast Friendly Guy" (can't remember his real name)

I found our Strava team 10 club, and put a post with some name ideas. I'll go ahead and post them here too, but I do like "No pun in 10":

Team 10 speed
    Team 10 degrees
    Saddles up
    Cyclepaths
    Tour de freeze
    Vicious Cycle

10. Likes Fast Friendly Guy liked this post
    jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benihana View Post
    Hey guys, I'm Ben Johnson on Strava. I was at the Happy hour last night and met Bryan and "Fast Friendly Guy" (can't remember his real name)

I found our Strava team 10 club, and put a post with some name ideas. I'll go ahead and post them here too, but I do like "No pun in 10":

Team 10 speed
    Team 10 degrees
    Saddles up
    Cyclepaths
    Tour de freeze
    Vicious Cycle
    That IS his real name

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Smile I am a man of many names

Hello BAFS18 Team 10ers!

I cast my vote for Cyclepaths

Cyclepaths -- rolls off the tongue so nicely, I know Davis would appreciate the 3-way pun. I also liked

Tour de freeze because it captures the winter aspect, but it's harder to type , so my vote is for Cyclepaths

Dave

13. Likes BTC_DC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Friendly Guy View Post
    Hello BAFS18 Team 10ers!

I cast my vote for Cyclepaths

Dave
    And I forgot to add, we're all a little crazy to be doing this!

15. Likes BTC_DC, CPTJohnC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting me know, Sunyata - I didn't see anything indicating I was captain on the team post, so I didn't want to assume.

TEAM: My apologies for missing the happy hour. Work kept me late, and I wasn't able to make it over to Bier Baron at a reasonable time. Hopefully we're all riding every day or almost every day. Big miles count for a lot, but consistency is essentially 'free points' -- the 10 point bonus for a daily 1 mile ride is very significant in terms of keeping us in contention.

I am not a huge miles guy, but I am committed to biking every day.

Hopefully everyone is in for a meetup soon. I probably can't do anything before next Wednesday or Thursday due to litigation deadlines, but I'm hopeful we can get something on the calendar soon. I find strava better for organizing, so I will start a thread there too.

And anyone who has some team name ideas... go for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Cross posted from Strava:

This is your captain speaking...
    Welcome all to Team 10. Our first priority needs to be getting the rest of our members to join the club so our team points all get added. Also, so I can ensure that all registered players are actually playing.

The list of team members is:

benihana*
    BTC_DC
    *CPTJohnC
    Fast Friendly Guy*
    gotmonads
    jebski1956
    rachelwright
    run/bike
    scorchedearth
    slowtriguy
    Wolf Larsen

If there is a star next to your name, I know you're already in this club. If not, it means I can't correlate your forum name with your strava name for certain. I can guess, but I'd rather be safe.

By the way - you'll notice that my real name is Chris, despite my forum name appearing to be John. It's a long story, and dates back to a prior century, but I'll answer to John if necessary

I will give everyone one more day to join, then I'll start pinging people. If we haven't got the full team by this weekend, I may start requesting alternates, but we'll see.

I'm happy to help folks who are having problems as best I can. This is not my first freezing saddles, so I'm pretty good at knowing how to solve the easy problems, and I know who to call for the harder ones.

Again, welcome, and hopefully you're all out riding every darned day!!

18. Likes run/bike, BTC_DC liked this post