Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BAFS2018 Team 8 Report!

Post Thanks / Like

Default BAFS2018 Team 8 Report!

Welcome fellow members of Team 8, the bestest team ever established in BAFS history! Here's the list of freezing participants:

Team 8:
    akbald01
    awitt
    bikesnick
    Billw^3
    ChampionTier
    dachs6
    dcvelobrew
    Kwarkentien
    LeprosyStudyGroup
    Pierre
    vern

Here's our new Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/BAFS2018-Team-8

Please join this group as soon as you can. I will need to approve you to join. Just let me know when you've done that so I can make sure to get everyone in the group.

We will also need to come up with a name for our esteemed group (well, we do have Billw^3 in our group, so *mostly* esteemed group). Here are some names to bandy about but feel free to come up with other names:

Merry Band of Idiots (LSG liked this name from last year)
    Crazy 8s (or Crazy Eights)
    Merry Band of 8-iots
    Lucky 8 Ball
    8 is Enough
    8 Ways to Sunday
    Misfit Toys
    8 is Great
    8 Degrees of Separation
    The Dog 8 My Homework
    Don't H8 the 8s

So let's get a name and hit the road! Looking forward to another ridiculously fun Freezing Saddles season.

2. Likes LeprosyStudyGroup, ChampionTier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ready to ride!

Woohoo! I'm ready to go!

For the team name, I vote for "Don't H8 the 8s".

-Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I thought by being on kwark's team we were automatically inducted into ritual idiotism
    I guess that isn't necessarily true, as some of us, like me, were already idiots

If that isn't the case, I vote for naming ourselves team 9

Post Thanks / Like

Hello team, my name is Phil and I'm super excited to start my 2nd year of BAFS.

As far as riding goes, I live out in Burke and try to bike commute onto Ft McNair at least 3 times a week (which is most of my miles lately) if my schedule allows. I enjoy racing during cross season and am a fan of the Crystal City Wednesday Night Spins (I'm not very fast, don't let "ChampionTier" lead you astray) but would like to start doing more gravel rides.

My schedule is notoriously batty, but I will do my best to join up on the group rides and log as many miles as I can. I really look forward to meeting and riding with you all!

Speaking of group rides, I'm going to reach out to the Vulcan Materials folks out in Lorton to see if they'll permit a group ride to the bottom of the mine out there. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll let you know how the request works out.

Oh, and team name suggestion: The Ochoooooo (yes, with that many O's)

Cheers,
    CT

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's me Andy...

I know some of you, and most I don't. This is my second year doing Freezing Saddles, and I am known to circle Arlington..a lot. But, since I moved to Germany in September 2017, I won't be circling Arlingtoon, not even once this year. I'll ride as much as I can, but I am already on tap for about 20 days of travel for work that will preclude riding during the competition. I'll do my best to add points, and be sure to get a frozen saddle as often as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi, I'm Anne and this is my first FS season

I live in Arlington near the EFC metro and work from home. My house backs onto the W&OD near Brandymore Castle so most of my riding is on the paved trails. I work half time from home with a pretty flexible schedule so I can usually get in several 15-30 mile rides a week, plus I'm starting to do more local errands by bike. I'm super excited about Freezing Saddles. I biked a lot in my teens and 20s, less in my 30's, then not much serious riding for 15 years because of repeated injuries. I'm finally healthy and rebuilding my skills and endurance. I raced cross country skiing in high school in Minneapolis so winter cycling makes me feel like a kid again. I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I hope we get some team rides in.

Team Names
    Sodium Acet-8 (we're so salty we melt ice)
    Blue Su8 Shoes
    Who 8 My Donut
    We Don't Sk8, We Bike

Anne

8. Likes kwarkentien, Dachs6, ChampionTier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Team name

I like "The Ochooooooo"

10. Likes kwarkentien, LeprosyStudyGroup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Team Name

The Ochoooooo is good too. I'm fine with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Bless you.

13. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awitt View Post
    The Ochoooooo is good too.
    Double checked the spelling and it looks like it's closer to "Ochooooooooooo."

Seriously, I'm good with whatever though.
    //
    LSG: Idiotism. Can I be the Swaggering Idiot?
    //
    awitt: Welcome to BAFS! Glad you're on the mend and able to join us!
    //
    kwarkentien: Thanks for ponying up to be our Skipper! (I assume it's okay to use the words "captain" and "skipper" interchangeably)
    //
    Dachs6: I wonder if we could turn an Arlington loop into a game for you in your absence? Like where we'd take pictures of stuff along the way and you have to guess where along the route it is...something to keep you connected to the area, I suppose.

15. Likes kwarkentien liked this post