Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team "Sleet 16"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team "Sleet 16"

Welcome to Team "Sleet 16", the very best team in Freezing Saddles for 2018. Members include:

accordioneur
    AFHokie
    barcra
    codrisc1
    Egoodman
    KWL
    quikaf77
    Shawnbeast
    sjclaeys
    Stahlkenetic
    vvill

In order for your miles to count, you'll need to join the Strava club at https://www.strava.com/clubs/Sleet16

Also, thanks for the great turnout at Happy hour. We had accordioneur, AFHokie, barcra, codrisc1, Egoodman, KWL, quikaf77 and sjclaeys in attendance.

Name:  Sleet16.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  75.5 KB
    quikaf77, codrisc1, KWL, AFHokie, accordioneur andbarcra.

Special thanks to the interloper with the clever suggestions for our team name!

2. Likes KWL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to be a part of the soon to be winning team! I'm ready to kick my riding into high gear and really lay down some miles!!

Post Thanks / Like

i'm in and my Meager Miles (tm) are now counting toward the Team Sleet 16 decisive victory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    i'm in and my Meager Miles (tm) are now counting toward the Team Sleet 16 decisive victory.
    No miles are meager! Consistency is key, just sleazing every day of BAFS is good for close to 900 points.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick introduction about myself:

I live in "Alexandria" but really the suburbs in Kingstowne/Franconia area. I have a reverse commute out to Clifton, VA where I am the office manager of a small IT consulting company. My commute is a wasteland for cycling infrastructure but does have some beautiful, hilly, windy roads as I get near to work. I'm a member of Team (Cult?) Bikenetic and enjoy racing CX, gravel, Mountain, and sometimes even Road. I really love doing gravel rides out in Loudoun County on the weekends.

Would love to get some team rides going, open to ideas. Doing the dry January thing, but starting Feb 1st I'm down for Happy Hour meetups and definitely some brewery/winery rides. I'll probably start attending Tuesday Hills religiously (I know I'll see Steve there!), and Coffee Rides Sunday morning. I'm pretty much always down to ride, whatever terrain and whatever pace, just hit me up!

7. Likes KWL, Shawnbeast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, sorry I wasn't able to make the happy hour, I'm in the Springfield burbs and had a kid engagement last night. I'm happy to be part of the team and to get some rides in.
    I ride to work near Mosaic District once or twice a week and have done a bit of off-road riding at Wakefield and Fountainhead. I just joined the gym that is just over a mile from my house so I'm planning to do some sleaze rides there as well.
    I'm looking forward to meeting some of you during the season.
    Cheers,
    Shawn

9. Likes QuikAF77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sad to have missed the team photo last night. Must have been off getting food or beer. Most days I commute from North Arlington to downtown DC. You can usually find me at Wednesday's Hump Day Coffee Club at Best Buns in Shirlington, the Fall Church Contes' Saturday hills ride and much less often at Bikenetic's Tuesday hills ride (sorry Matt). I am the Brewmaster that runs the beerneuring pointless prize, which makes it the best. Looking forward to meeting those that I do not yet know.

Steve

11. Likes QuikAF77 liked this post
    vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss beers in America but otherwise happy enough logging whatever miles I get in downundah. Will try to at least ride every day.

13. Likes QuikAF77 liked this post
    rcannon100 is online now Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vvill View Post
    I miss beers in America but otherwise happy enough logging whatever miles I get in downundah. Will try to at least ride every day.
    And will you be freezing in your saddle???????

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for a team ride at vvill's location.

16. Likes vvill, codrisc1, QuikAF77, sjclaeys, AFHokie and 1 others liked this post