Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team "Sleet 16"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    Could meet at 10 or 11. It's about an hour or so ride between the two and they don't open until 11 on Sunday so there's no reason to rush, plus it'll give the temperature a chance to warm up a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Sunday would be OK with me as long as we don't meet up before 10:00. Shirlington would be an ideal start point for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Busy both days, so I'm out for this one. Trying to get a good chunk of mileage tomorrow, despite the 20mph wind...

Post Thanks / Like

I can't make Sunday morning as I have a reservation to go practice kayak rolling (in a swimming pool which occasionally has sessions where they open the pool to kayakers, not on the river!). I could be up for a ride Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

Feel free to add any rides you are doing to the FS calendar, if you don't mind sharing with potentially infiltrating riders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuikAF77 View Post
    11 would be good, give me a chance to finish ride 1 of the day and meet ya there!
    While I mentioned 10:00 is fine for me, 11:00 would be preferable. Now what kind of mess will the Saturday "wintery mix" leave for Sunday morning?

Post Thanks / Like

It's looking like I'll have some things I'll need to take care of on Sunday so Monday's looking better for me. If I have the count right, Sunday is best for two and Monday is best for four with a potential +1, so I'll make the call now and plan for Monday.

Caboose Brewery doesn't open until noon on Monday; would an 11am departure time from Best Buns in Shirlington work?

http://www.caboosebrewing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

It's looking like I'll have some things I'll need to take care of on Sunday so Monday's looking better for me. If I have the count right, Sunday is best for two and Monday is best for four with a potential +1, so I'll make the call now and plan for Monday.

Caboose Brewery doesn't open until noon on Monday; would an 11am departure time from Best Buns in Shirlington work?

http://www.caboosebrewing.com/
    One thought: We could save this ride for later and join the ride already being planned from Lazy Mike's (Monday pancakes location) to Green Lizard at 0930. The second post here.

Post Thanks / Like

...so Monday's looking better for me.
    OK. See you Monday at 11:00am. I'm trying to get my rain bike back together and having Sunday free will help with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accordioneur View Post
    One thought: We could save this ride for later and join the ride already being planned from Lazy Mike's (Monday pancakes location) to Green Lizard at 0930. The second post here.
    I think that I am going to join this ride. Anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    I think that I am going to join this ride. Anyone else?
    If everyone would prefer to do the ride out to Green Lizard I'm up for doing that, however if anyone still wants to do the ride to Caboose Brewery, let me know and I'll meet you at Best Bun's at 11am.

The ride to Green Lizard Meets at Lazy Mike's (7049 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22046) and departs for Green Lizard (718 Lynn St, Herndon, VA 20170) at 0930am.