Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team 18 is alive!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team 18 is alive!

Welcome to Team 18. It was great to meet those of you that made it to the happy hour last night.

Join our Strava group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/335279

We haven't decided on a team name. Hard to come with a pun involving 18 but John and Louis were saying that 18 is a lucky number in Hebrew I think meaning alive or living so maybe something involving that? If you have any team name suggestions please post.

Feel free to introduce yourself and any rides that you would like to do.

My name is David and I am a sucker for any rides involving beer, coffee, or donuts.

Happy riding!

Post Thanks / Like

A few photos from last night including a few members of the team

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    Welcome to Team 18. It was great to meet those of you that made it to the happy hour last night.

Join our Strava group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/335279

We haven't decided on a team name. Hard to come with a pun involving 18 but John and Louis were saying that 18 is a lucky number in Hebrew I think meaning alive or living so maybe something involving that? If you have any team name suggestions please post.

Feel free to introduce yourself and any rides that you would like to do.

My name is David and I am a sucker for any rides involving beer, coffee, or donuts.

Happy riding!
    Hello, happy to be part of the team! Look forward to any rides that are planned that I can make and hope we can all meet up sometime soon.

I CAN also suggest a ride and welcome anyone to join. On January 20th there is a ride scheduled with DC Randonneurs and is open to all riders anyway. It meets at Glen Echo (the Post Office on MacArthur) and leaves 9 a.m. (sharp usually!). 68 miles. If you want more information I'm glad to provide it. I've ridden the route before, it's a good one and there is a real nice food stop right in the middle at the turnaround point in Hyattstown. There also is free pizza at the end of the ride, provided by the club.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26702919

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Team 18. Kind of weird to be talking about freezing saddles when it is supposed to be almost 70 degrees tomorrow. At least we may see some snow flakes on Saturday.

See y'all out there.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has Fridays off, likes warm weather, gravel and lots of rain, I'm leading a ride in Loudoun County tomorrow. Details on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2004190496466065/

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to be part of team 18. Iím sick as a dog right now so Iím sorry I didnít make it last night. Hope to be out riding soon.
    Annemarie

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also like to apologize. At least half of my miles these days are on an indoor trainer due to some physical therapy that I'm working on. I'll still get my outdoor miles in every day, but it won't be as many as I'd hoped. Hopefully things will be a little better as the winter moves on.

Post Thanks / Like

Allow me to suggest a team name of "Frozen Sandbaggers" since we're almost in last place!!

It's all for fun, no worries. My first venture into freezing saddles was last year. I had a great time and got to know a few riders better. Our team was in fourth place most of the time, until the very last hours of competition. Sneaky team, can't remember which one it was that passed us.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Team 18! Sorry I didn't make happy hour last night. Looks like folks had a great time. Looking forward to a great few months of riding.

"Frozen Sandbaggers" works for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    A few photos from last night including a few members of the team
    More importantly, you got a picture of me
    Name:  steve o head.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  49.2 KB