Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team 18 is alive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob_dc View Post
    I CAN also suggest a ride and welcome anyone to join. On January 20th there is a ride scheduled with DC Randonneurs and is open to all riders anyway. It meets at Glen Echo (the Post Office on MacArthur) and leaves 9 a.m. (sharp usually!). 68 miles. If you want more information I'm glad to provide it. I've ridden the route before, it's a good one and there is a real nice food stop right in the middle at the turnaround point in Hyattstown. There also is free pizza at the end of the ride, provided by the club.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26702919

Bob
    Please add rides and events to the FS Calendar. If you were in FS previously, you should have editing rights to it. You can access by scrolling down to the bottom of the home page freezingsaddles.com or find here.
    If you don't have editing rights, PM me with your Google email address and I will share the whole calendar with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Team 18! I am looking forward to riding with you all. David, thanks for taking on the team captain role! The team name suggestion I threw out last night was Team Líchaim. Líchaim means ďTo lifeĒ in Hebrew and the number 18 in Jewish numerology signifies Líchaim. And I think all of us doing Freezing Saddles are celebrating life. Plus itís fun for me to hear non-Hebrew speakers try to pronounce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlevine View Post
    Hi there Team 18! I am looking forward to riding with you all. David, thanks for taking on the team captain role! The team name suggestion I threw out last night was Team L’chaim. L’chaim means “To life” in Hebrew and the number 18 in Jewish numerology signifies L’chaim. And I think all of us doing Freezing Saddles are celebrating life. Plus it’s fun for me to hear non-Hebrew speakers try to pronounce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hello back at you. Agree with thanking David, I appreciate your role as Captain, David. I also see that the group now has 9 members! I assume other bafs participants are usually added from the reserve list is usual procedure?

In regards to team name .. in the spirit of sir A.C., I'm 18 and I don't know what I want (possibly showing my age here).

Post Thanks / Like

Hello back at you. Agree with thanking David, I appreciate your role as Captain, David. I also see that the group now has 9 members! I assume other bafs participants are usually added from the reserve list is usual procedure?

In regards to team name .. in the spirit of sir A.C., I'm 18 and I don't know what I want (possibly showing my age here).
    I emailed a couple of folks that may not have seen the team assignments on the forum. It looks like they've joined our Strava group so we are now up to 11.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bikedavid View Post
    I emailed a couple of folks that may not have seen the team assignments on the forum. It looks like they've joined our Strava group so we are now up to 11.
    So, I'm okay with any name and see the value of L'chaim associated with 18 (and being alive also is good). It would be nice to associate it with something wintery or icy. L'chaim on the rocks? The L'chaimcicles? The Frozen L'chaim Weelies?

Other thoughts: Ice Road Bikers (18 wheeler association). Then, there's the 18th Amendment (prohibition) - the Freezeasies?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

So, I'm okay with any name and see the value of L'chaim associated with 18 (and being alive also is good). It would be nice to associate it with something wintery or icy. L'chaim on the rocks? The L'chaimcicles? The Frozen L'chaim Weelies?

Other thoughts: Ice Road Bikers (18 wheeler association). Then, there's the 18th Amendment (prohibition) - the Freezeasies?

Bob
    I like your suggestion of having something associated with wintry weather like L'chaimcicles. Also 18th Amendment or the Freezeasies. Shall we do a vote or ranking of what everyone would prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

Friday Hooky Ride: https://www.facebook.com/events/182282459030372/

Not sure what the trails or roads in Loudoun County will look like by Friday. I'm relatively sure that we all will die horrible deaths on this ride... but at least there will be wine and a cute barn cat. What could possibly go wrong?

<3

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey team, not sure if you saw but there is a new elevation per mile pointless prize and we happen to be at the top. There's beer to be had for both individual and team so keep on climbing!

https://freezingsaddles.com/pointless/billygoat

Post Thanks / Like

Hi team, there's a little groundhog day festival in Dupont Circle next Fri:

FRIDAY, FEB 2, 2018 at 8:30AM sharp - GROUNDHOG DAY: Potomac Phil, the National Groundhog, will make an appearance and offer weather and political predictions. Phil will let us know whether to expect six more weeks of winter or an early spring. Live accordion music, polka dancers, puppet show, VIP celebrities and more. Dupont Circle, at the fountain. Potomac Phil will emerge at approximately 8:30AM or whenever he damn well pleases

If anyone works downtown and would like to meet up, I'm thinking around 8:30. They will have free coffee and other goodies there but we can also go somewhere else after like Krispy Kreme to pick up some donut and coffee points. I'll post to the calendar in case other teams would like to join us.

If you have any rides that you lead or would like to do, keep them coming. One of these days I would like to check out the Bikenetic rides.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to the Dupont Circle Groundhog Day festival. It is awesome and cheesy.

We're riding gravel in Loudoun in spite of the bad weather that day. Take lots of photos! It is pretty awesome.

Pete