Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team 12 click here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team 12 click here!

Find the strava club here and join!
    https://www.strava.com/clubs/335263

I've named us Tardigrades, because they are impervious to cold, and well, pretty much invincible.

Brad and I were the only ones from team 12 to show up at the happy hour.
    I look forward to your enthusiastic participation in BAFS!
    Go ride your bike!

~Team Captain, Dane~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D_a_n_e View Post
    I've named us Tardigrades, because they are impervious to cold, and well, pretty much invincible.

Brad and I were the only ones from team 12 to show up at the happy hour.
    Well, that explains why I couldn't find anyone else... And I'm going to refer to us, informally of course, as the water bears, because I have no idea how to pronounce tardigrades.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all. I love the name. This is my first freezing saddles. Sorry I couldn't make the happy hour but I'm looking forward to the season.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Team -

My name is Chris and I'm excited to join y'all for my second BAFS experience. I just got back from spending the holidays in Australia, so I'm toward the bottom of the leaderboards right now, but I'm hoping to plan some longer rides in the next few weeks to make up for lost time.

I live and work in Ballston. Work is too close to home for a meaningful bike commute, so I mostly ride for fun on the roads around North Arlington. I built up a gravel bike last Summer with the hopes of getting into bikepacking and gravel grinding, so I'm hoping to do some of that this winter. I also have a junky old mountain bike that I like taking out to Wakefield when I find the time.

I'm always on the lookout for a new riding buddy, so I'm hoping we can organize a few team rides/happy hours so we can get to know each other!

Chris
    Last edited by cmj7gh; 01-11-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone. Sorry I couldn't make it to HH last night, I had to work. I'm fxbooks, aka Elaine, and this is my second FS. I commute about twice a week, from Falls Church to Fairfax. Last year I managed to bike every day, and I'm hoping to get close to that this year. Coffee hours are unfortunately held at ungodly early hours, but I will bike for beer, and sometimes pie.

Post Thanks / Like

Henry here. Arlington Active Transportation Director and part-time keeper of the forum. This is my fourth FS. 90% of my miles come from my 4.3 mile commute from South Arlington to Rosslyn. Happy to meet up on weekends, and will definitely bike for coffee, beer or pie. Had a work function last night and was bummed to miss the HH.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and love the name, too. I was going to protest strongly against the Dirty Dozen if it came up.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll add that I'm Brad. I grew up riding BMX but had been off the bike about 14 years before getting a road bike last winter. This is my first Freezing Saddles.

I have two little kids, so I do most of my riding while commuting and before commuting, and I'm hoping to convince some of you to come out for some early morning Wednesday Hills in McLean/Arlington.

Looking forward to riding and socializing with you all. What's next, Dane?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, I felt so bad about missing the HH, I did an extra 15 miles today! JK, it's just that it's gorgeous out �� this is my second freezing saddles and I've figured out strava this year, so hopefully be able to log more rides this time around. I commute daily about 7 miles rt from SE to SW DC. Live near the Anacostia River trail and love to take advantage of that route!

Liz, "eibhis"

And I don't really check the forum very often right now, how will communication be managed?
    Last edited by Eibhis; 01-11-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eibhis View Post
    And I don't really check the forum very often right now, how will communication be managed?
    A private Facebook group could be helpful.