Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: BAFS18 Team 13 Meeting Place, As Luck Would Have it

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    Hello all. My name is Cathy ..I did not do much biking until 3 years ago when I went on a ride on the Great Allegheny Passage. A... Bike the Erie Canal ....

    Look forward to meeting you and swapping GAP stories. I've ridden the GAP about 10 times. I usually go up 1 day and back the next, but I enjoyed the couple times I did it more leisurely and stopped at all the towns along the way. I'm from Rome, NY which at one time boasted of the Erie Canal Village (now closed in disrepair). I often bike that 20 miles segment of the Erie Canal when visiting my mother.

  2. Likes camiller, kwarkentien liked this post
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Team 13 Pancake Breakfast - Mon Jan 15

    Monday's is the regular Bike Arlington Pancake Club meeting. Since it is BAFS season, and a holiday, there will probably be other fellow riders there meeting for breakfast. It would be
    great to have some from team 13 there.

    Meeting around 8ish. I don't think it's open before 8, since it is a Holiday. I'll probably be leaving around 9-9:30ish and can ride back west on the WOD with anyone going that way.

    Place: Lazy Mike's, 7049 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22046
    Time: 8:00am
    Last edited by Bob James; 01-13-2018 at 09:18 PM.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    olney
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 50 miles

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Monday's is the regular Bike Arlington Pancake Club meeting. Since it is BAFS season, and a holiday, there will probably be other fellow riders there meeting for breakfast. It would be
    great to have some from team 13 there.

    Meeting around 8ish. I don't think it's open before 8, since it is a Holiday. I'll probably be leaving around 9-9:30ish and can ride back west on the WOD with anyone going that way.

    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Place: Lazy Mike's, 7049 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22046
    Time: 8:00am
    [/COLOR]
    Bob, I do believe that may end up more than 50 miles for you roundtrip. Are you sure you are ok with doing more than 50 miles in a day?? I vaguely recall something you said about averaging 50 miles per day during freezing saddles.

  5. Likes Bob James liked this post
  6. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Fairfax
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Look forward to meeting you and swapping GAP stories. I've ridden the GAP about 10 times. I usually go up 1 day and back the next, but I enjoyed the couple times I did it more leisurely and stopped at all the towns along the way. I'm from Rome, NY which at one time boasted of the Erie Canal Village (now closed in disrepair). I often bike that 20 miles segment of the Erie Canal when visiting my mother.
    I really enjoyed stopping in the towns along the GAP and checking out all of the bike themed art work along the trail and in the towns. The Erie Canal ride was also very pretty and I enjoyed learning the history along the way. From a history perspective my favorite stop was Seneca Falls. The NPS kept their facility open late for the riders to take tours. Rome is actually one of the overnight spots along the way. Someday I would like to do the entire tour. We traveled from Buffalo to Syracuse with the group and then departed to head to the Pittsburgh for my husband's family reunion.

  7. Likes Bob James liked this post
  8. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanA View Post
    Bob, I do believe that may end up more than 50 miles for you roundtrip. Are you sure you are ok with doing more than 50 miles in a day?? I vaguely recall something you said about averaging 50 miles per day during freezing saddles.
    Alan, as mentioned my average for the duration of the Freezing Saddles Event is currently well below 50 miles. Currently it's at 12.25 miles. A long way to go.

  9. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
  10. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Monday's is the regular Bike Arlington Pancake Club meeting. Since it is BAFS season, and a holiday, there will probably be other fellow riders there meeting for breakfast. It would be
    great to have some from team 13 there.
    Meeting around 8ish. I don't think it's open before 8, since it is a Holiday. I'll probably be leaving around 9-9:30ish and can ride back west on the WOD with anyone going that way.
    Place: Lazy Mike's, 7049 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22046
    Time: 8:00am
    Boomer is leading a post-pancake ride to Green Lizard in Herndon, departing Mikes around 9:30am. So show up at Mike's anytime between 8-9:30am if wanting to ride back west on WOD.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ah...here you are!

    Hello Team 13...so this is where everyone hangs out!?
    I am Nigel, doing my first BAFS, new to the area (moved here from Calgary in September), commute by bike every day (Tysons/Vienna to Arlington/Rosslyn) and get out riding at the weekend as time permits. I found the Conte's Bike Shop (Falls Church) Hills Ride soon after arriving here and do that each Saturday morning (8:30-~10:30am)...it's a no-drop ride and has coffee and donuts provided at the end. There is every kind of rider and a really nice crew. It's only 22 miles but has ~2000ft of climbing! It would be great to get some "Tretters" on that ride.
    I also do various ad hoc rides from my house...still exploring the area but love the short hills and swooping corners (Albertan roads were pretty straight!).
    I'm on Facebook (there's only one Nigel Brockton!) and WhatsApp...hope to meet you all in person sometime soon sop we can work out the best way to connect for rides. I'm not much of a morning person although slightly better at that at the weekends. But I love coffee and beer so I am sure something will work.
    Happy riding!

    Nigel

  12. Likes Bob James liked this post
  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Lazy Mikes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Boomer is leading a post-pancake ride to Green Lizard in Herndon, departing Mikes around 9:30am. So show up at Mike's anytime between 8-9:30am if wanting to ride back west on WOD.
    Is there a regular 8am meet at Lazy Mikes on a Monday morning?

    Nigel

  14. #39
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    3,806
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBullet View Post
    Is there a regular 8am meet at Lazy Mikes on a Monday morning?

    Nigel
    There is a calendar at the bottom of the Freezing Saddles home page with all the coffee clubs and a variety of other rides and events.
    Last edited by Steve O; 01-15-2018 at 11:37 PM.

  15. Likes DrBullet liked this post
  16. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Fairfax/Vienna/Falls Church
    Posts
    439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bob is, of course, correct. Woke up this morning still very coughy/congested. Sleaze ride this afternoon and likely same thing tomorrow. Back commuting Thursday and Friday. In Harrisonburg VA for MiL's bday this weekend which is rough. Going to miss some prime weather and will only be able to sleaze while there. At this rate I'm going to have to accompany Bob on some of those 50 milers to make up all these missing miles!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •