Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: BAFS - Team #7 Official Post

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    olney
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default keep it up, team!

    It looks like most teams have all 11 members at this point, and we're in 2nd place. Yay!!! Keep up the good work. And let's hope for some dryer weather for us folks who don't like wet!! It looks like we have a pretty decent group of people who actually do ride their bikes. I think that will help. And just as a reinforcement for the people who met me at Happy Hour. I really don't give a rats ass, but it would be nice if we were at least respectable. I think we finished in 4th last year, and I was quite happy with that. And last year, we did not have one single group ride, so I would like to try to change that. The whole idea of this is to have some fun and meet some new people while doing something we all like.

    The weather this weekend looks marginal at best, so let's hope for something nicer next weekend and try to get some type of team ride organized.

    I'm certainly willing to ride over towards PG Co, as long as you don't start before 10:00 am and someone gives me directions. As I posted before, I pretty much don't do anything (especially wake up before 8:30 am). I don't drink coffee, but I like donuts and beer (and Little Debbie's!!)

  2. Likes rumipumi liked this post
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looks like there will be some lingering moisture in the air tomorrow, windy and very cold, brrrr........

    Team 7 should stay inside tomorrow where its dry and warm. Eat doughnuts, Little Debbie's and drink beer

  4. Likes Edelweiss, rcannon100 liked this post
    Dislikes MaryEllsworth, rumipumi disliked this post
  5. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    College Park
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So it turns out there is a holiday this weekend. A holiday for a great man who advanced the idea of equality and diversity in this country. So in honor of him, I'm going to lead a ride from Proteus Bikes to the MLK Jr Memorial on Monday. We'll head down the ART to the memorial, and we could choose to add some Hains Point laps if we want to. I'll firm up details and post info here.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  6. Likes jen_stoly, rumipumi, closebr, JoM, AlanA liked this post
  7. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    olney
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Little Debbie's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Looks like there will be some lingering moisture in the air tomorrow, windy and very cold, brrrr........

    Team 7 should stay inside tomorrow where its dry and warm. Eat doughnuts, Little Debbie's and drink beer
    Bob. I have standards. I will not eat a Little Debbie or a donut unless I ride at least 50 miles. Otherwise, I'd look like a balloon. I can not say the same for beer. I'm hoping to get out after things dry out.

    And I look forward to your "25 mile" ride.

    I also do not like this "rcannon100" person who liked your post. They are evil!!
    Last edited by AlanA; 01-12-2018 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I felt like giving rcannon100 shit.

  8. Likes Bob James liked this post
  9. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    olney
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Freezing Saddles indeed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett L. View Post
    So it turns out there is a holiday this weekend. A holiday for a great man who advanced the idea of equality and diversity in this country. So in honor of him, I'm going to lead a ride from Proteus Bikes to the MLK Jr Memorial on Monday. We'll head down the ART to the memorial, and we could choose to add some Hains Point laps if we want to. I'll firm up details and post info here.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    FYI, The lows are supposed to be in the single digits Sunday night and the highs are only going to be around 30. I'll look for your details, but if it starts before 11, count me out (unless there is a major forecast change). I don't mind "freezing" saddles, but I don't like "frigid" saddles.

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The penguins are primal screaming!!

    I just saw this posted on the Primal Penguins board: "Team, I am thrilled that we Penguins have been dominating the top of the team leaderboard, but Team 7 just zoomed up and is breathing down our backs! Let's just keep riding, every day if you can, and maintain our lead over those Seventh Heaven posers."

    Well, if we are posers, we are officially now supermodels, because today we took the lead! YEAH!!!!

  11. Likes Brett L., JoM, AlanA liked this post
    Dislikes Edelweiss disliked this post
  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    olney
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Are we posers??

    Quote Originally Posted by rumipumi View Post
    I just saw this posted on the Primal Penguins board: "Team, I am thrilled that we Penguins have been dominating the top of the team leaderboard, but Team 7 just zoomed up and is breathing down our backs! Let's just keep riding, every day if you can, and maintain our lead over those Seventh Heaven posers."

    Well, if we are posers, we are officially now supermodels, because today we took the lead! YEAH!!!!
    Hah, Rumi. I had just gone over to the Penguins page and was about ready to copy that post and share it here. But you beat me to it! Well done!! It's nice to have like thinking team mates.

    I also voiced my displeasure on their post.

  13. Likes Brett L., JoM, rumipumi liked this post
  14. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    College Park
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm really glad to see that everyone is having a lot of fun with this!!!

    Here are the event details for tomorrows MLK ride.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/3222...tive_tab=about

    Leaving from Proteus at 10am PST (Proteus Standard Time - a joke that means we will leave 5-10mins after the hour to allow for stragglers to arrive). Heading down the ART trail system to Maine Ave, cut over to Hains Point and up Ohio. Return trip will be along the same route. I plan to stop for food/drinks somewhere in that area, maybe Navy Yards - a chance to warm up. Temperatures are going to be cold, so dress appropriately and consider a change of clothes for food stop.

  15. Likes rumipumi liked this post
  16. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I wish I could make it!

    Sadly both I and my son have dental appointments starting at 11:30am. I'd much rather freeze my... saddle... off riding with y'all. But I will sleaze tomorrow at very least. If I can convince my son, we'll ride our bikes to and from the dentist office (about a mile from our house) and I can kill two birds with one, uh, very short, very cold bike ride.

    Stay warm!!! Earn points!!!! Go Team 7!!!! (oh, and honor the legacy of MLK Jr, yes that too)


    Quote Originally Posted by Brett L. View Post
    I'm really glad to see that everyone is having a lot of fun with this!!!

    Here are the event details for tomorrows MLK ride.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/3222...tive_tab=about

    Leaving from Proteus at 10am PST (Proteus Standard Time - a joke that means we will leave 5-10mins after the hour to allow for stragglers to arrive). Heading down the ART trail system to Maine Ave, cut over to Hains Point and up Ohio. Return trip will be along the same route. I plan to stop for food/drinks somewhere in that area, maybe Navy Yards - a chance to warm up. Temperatures are going to be cold, so dress appropriately and consider a change of clothes for food stop.

  17. Likes AlanA, Brett L. liked this post
  18. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    olney
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default too cold for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett L. View Post
    I'm really glad to see that everyone is having a lot of fun with this!!!

    Here are the event details for tomorrows MLK ride.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/3222...tive_tab=about

    Leaving from Proteus at 10am PST (Proteus Standard Time - a joke that means we will leave 5-10mins after the hour to allow for stragglers to arrive). Heading down the ART trail system to Maine Ave, cut over to Hains Point and up Ohio. Return trip will be along the same route. I plan to stop for food/drinks somewhere in that area, maybe Navy Yards - a chance to warm up. Temperatures are going to be cold, so dress appropriately and consider a change of clothes for food stop.
    I'm not even going to try and come up with an excuse for missing this. It's just going to be too cold for me to make it there by 10:00 am. You guys are looking at temps of maybe 20 when you start. I hope it's a good turn out, and I look forward to trying another ride once it gets a bit warmer.

    And there's a good chance I won't even be awake by 10:00 with the forecast. I like my warm, fuzzy, bed.

    But I will get out for something once it warms up a bit.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •