Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BAFS - Team #7 Official Post

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind a change to Seven Deadly Sins....

2. Likes MaryEllsworth, rumipumi, historygeek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I like beer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett L. View Post
    I might have to get out to join you for some of your hills rides, Alan! It'll be in better weather with less salt on the road so I can take out my light road bike. I'll still get dropped on the hills though cause I need to lose some weight.

During the summer, I have lead road rides for Proteus up from College Park out to Columbia and Bowie and everywhere in between, so I'm fairly familiar with the roads in this area. There is some fantastic trail riding in the area with the Anacostia Trail System for those looking for a relaxing ride, nice quiet roads with average rolling hills for those who like quick roads, and parks like fairlands for those who like MTB roads.

Oh! And if you like beer, I'm thinking about leading a brewery tour early-mid February, which will include 3 Stars, Right Proper, Atlas Brew works and probably end at Franklin's in Hyattsville. I'll post details to this thread when that is finalized.

Additionally, there is a freezing saddles calendar that has all freezing saddles related events posted to. Check it out and feel free to "infiltrate" other teams events!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Oooh, I like beer, too. We have two nice local breweries very close to where I live. There is Waredaca Brewing (which is also a horse farm) and Brookeville Beer Garden. The links are as follows:

Waredaca: https://www.waredacabrewing.com/
    Brookeville: http://brookevillebeerfarm.com/

Personally, I like Waredaca better since you get to see horsies, and if you want, you can even sign up for horseback rides while you are there. Both of them have live music on certain days. I guess I could try to put together some type of ride if I feel motivated. We could probably manage a decent ride if we left from the Colesville or Briggs Chaney area.

4. Likes MaryEllsworth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh! And if you like beer, I'm thinking about leading a brewery tour early-mid February, which will include 3 Stars, Right Proper, Atlas Brew works and probably end at Franklin's in Hyattsville. I'll post details to this thread when that is finalized.
    Team 14 just invited ourselves.

6. ELITE Sunyata ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    Team 14 just invited ourselves.
    Infiltrators are more than welcome. The cover charge is 1 beer for the ride leader!

8. Likes rumipumi, historygeek, Judd, AlanA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bear Doughneuring combo!

Infiltrators are more than welcome. The cover charge is 1 beer for the ride leader!
    Just a point of order, some of those brew venues have Doughnuts on their menus!! e
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Likes rumipumi, jen_stoly liked this post
    ELITE MaryEllsworth ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm here too

Delighted to have met many of you last night at HH, and I look forward to getting to know the rest of the team.

This is my 3rd Freezing Saddles and it has been a lot of fun. I will do at least a sleaze ride every day for the team and often something much longer. I'm always up for a coffee ride. I live in Hyattsville, very near Franklin's. I ride a Giant Escape hybrid, @moderate (12-14 mph) pace.

Seventh Heaven seems like an ok name. Or .. how about Magnificent Seven? Or The Seven Wonders (a la Christy)?

Let's ride together soon!

....mary

12. Likes rumipumi, AlanA, JoM, jen_stoly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most excellent! We're up to 9 of 11 riders joined to the Strava team. It looks to me like we are only missing lbds137 (whom we got to meet at the opening Happy Hour ) and tfaucet. I'm looking forward to riding with you all!

14. Likes rumipumi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DC represent

Hello all--great to meet a few of you at the HH. I have joined the strava team. I like 7th Heaven--but my next choice is The Magnificent Seven--I am a movie buff!

I actually live in DC, near 5th & H NE. The old name for this area is "Near Northeast" but you may hear it called "NoMa", but that's further north or the Atlas District--which is further east.

I do like to ride the Anacostia trails on the weekends. I can deal with a little rain, but I won't ride in icy conditions.

I will do at least a mile a day. I hope to add to that as I start to do a partial commute. I work in Bethesda and have used my folding bike occasionally to commute one way. FS will be my motivation to do that more often! We don't have shower facilities in my building, so a full round trip commute may never happen.

I also like the idea of the brewery tour, so count me in. I am going to be at the back of the pack usually, but I will make it.

16. Likes rumipumi, JoM, historygeek, AlanA, Brett L. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everyone has joined!

We now have all 11 of us in the Strava Club (Yay!!), so I have made it private. That will keep the riff raff out.

Welcome aboard everyone. We can either post stuff in here (which everyone can see), or we can create a post in our club if it's something we don't want everyone to see.

Regarding the team name, I'm easy. I just like to make things simple and not require a lot of extra non biking work. Obviously, I'm happy with our current name (since that means I have to do nothing else). But I'm also open to some of your other suggestions. But, me being the sort of positive type of person, I would prefer a team with a positive feel. Magnificent Seven and Seven wonders (or some other movie titles would be fine), but I'm not a big fan of Seven Deadly Sins.

Keep on keeping on!

18. Likes rumipumi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jen_stoly View Post
    Hello all--great to meet a few of you at the HH. I have joined the strava team. I like 7th Heaven--but my next choice is The Magnificent Seven--I am a movie buff!
    I'm a movie buff, too. Maybe we need to do a ride to the Greenbelt Theater if they play anything interesting. Extra points if it has Yul Brynner and Horst Bucholtz (however his last name is spelled. He's in one of my favorite movies of all time-- Billy Wilder's "One, Two, Three").

20. Likes jen_stoly, rumipumi liked this post