Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BAFS - Team #7 Official Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brett L. View Post
    I
    Oh! And if you like beer, I'm thinking about leading a brewery tour early-mid February, which will include 3 Stars, Right Proper, Atlas Brew works and probably end at Franklin's in Hyattsville. I'll post details to this thread when that is finalized.

"By official proclamation of Governor Larry Hogan, FeBREWary is Marylandís official month-long celebration of craft beer and craft beer lovers."

But you knew that right? Nice timing!

Not in time for this ride but maybe by fall.... the new Streetcar 82 Brewery will open at 4824 Rhode Island Ave in Hyattsville, MD 20781. You'll just have to organize another brewery bike tour. If you need reconnaissance assistance keep me in mind.

2. Likes Brett L. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Looks like there will be some lingering moisture in the air tomorrow, windy and very cold, brrrr........

Team 7 should stay inside tomorrow where its dry and warm. Eat doughnuts, Little Debbie's and drink beer

LOL! Heads up 7! A provocateur!! :P

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hello 7!

Hoping you'll excuse me for taking up this task unbidden, but let's make our team name official ... please go to the link below and vote on your choice for our team name. Just vote once please. I'll tally the results and share back with you all. Vote by COB on Wednesday, 1/16. Thank you!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X5RQSNZ

I also posted this in our Strava discussion. Alan - please feel free to post any other place that you think will get out to everyone on 7. Thanks!

...mary

no infiltrators please. <3

5. Likes AlanA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work team! I am due a ride tonight. I was in NJ this weekend visiting my brother & his family. I used one of their bikes for a short ride each day. When it warms up a little I am ready to take on longer rides.

A ride to see a movie will always motivate me, so let's figure one out eventually.

7. Likes historygeek, AlanA, Judd, Brett L. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BBBBBEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!

Ok, the date is set (February 10th) but time the specific time is still slightly up the in air. Need to make sure the breweries are actually open!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2940...tive_tab=about
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26680483

We will hit in order:
    Hellbender Brewing Company
    3 Stars Brewing Company
    Right Proper Brewing Company Brookland
    Franklins

All are welcome. As details are completely finalized, I'll post to a generic thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! And here is the team photo from the opening Happy Hour. I posted to my Strava but forgot to place it here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180110_195709.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	16309

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

10. Likes jen_stoly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default an awesome team

Oh! And here is the team photo from the opening Happy Hour. I posted to my Strava but forgot to place it here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180110_195709.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	16309

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Has anyone mentioned what an awesome team we are???

Oh, and I made a post on the Strava Page about a possible group ride. Please make sure you check that out. I could add that as an official BAFS ride if I see any interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick shout out to everyone who went out and braved a few miles today! Even those poor souls that had to bail out due to icy conditions. We held on our own an a pretty crappy day, and considering how much testosterone is floating around out there, I am impressed. lol, by the way. I am NOT one of those testosterone laden people!

Post Thanks / Like

BBBBBEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!

Ok, the date is set (February 10th) but time the specific time is still slightly up the in air. Need to make sure the breweries are actually open!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2940...tive_tab=about

We will hit in order:
    Hellbender Brewing Company
    3 Stars Brewing Company
    Right Proper Brewing Company Brookland
    Franklins

All are welcome. As details are completely finalized, I'll post to a generic thread.
    This one I recommend http://www.thepublicoptiondc.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Smith View Post
    THAT is definitely doable! I don't think it's something we should add-on for the ride, especially since we're on roads, but could swap it in for something. Hellbender is a little awkward to get to with some wicked climbs coming off the NE branch, so could drop that and add on Public Option at the end!

I also like that their culture on paying a decent wage and donating tips to local non profits