Likes Likes:  114
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BAFS 2018 Team 11 clubhouse

Post Thanks / Like

All right, it sounds like there's interest in a donut ride on Saturday morning. Let's meet at 10:00 a.m. at the Sugar Shack in Arlington, at 1014 S. Glebe Rd. The plan is to also hit the Sugar Shack at 804 N. Henry St. and then the Duck Donuts at 3610-F King St., but we can play it by ear. The planned route is about 9 miles, with a few gentle hills; social pace, no drop. It'll be windy and in the low thirties, so keep that in mind. I'll also cross-post to the fsdonut thread and the FS calendar.

If you can't make it on Saturday, we'll have plenty of other team events, so don't worry. Are people free for a team happy hour on January 24 or 25? I was thinking that Northside 10 (at 10 E. Glebe Rd., not too far from the MVT-4MRT junction) might be a reasonably central place for a team happy hour. But if another time or place would work better for you, please speak up.

One final housekeeping matter: we're down to one missing team member, Lt. Dan. I've emailed him, but if you know him, please encourage him to sign up for our Strava club.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I can't join you all today but have a conflict this AM. BTW, I am Bill and a fairly regular commuter from McLean into DC (Southwest near Tidal Basin and Wharf). This is my first time doing Freezing Saddles and has incentivized me to ride on days when I would not have in the past. New fenders and fatter tires helps too! Look forward to meeting you all down the trail.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huberww View Post
    New fenders and fatter tires helps too! Look forward to meeting you all down the trail.
    And Moose Mittts? What about Moose Mitts?

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Had lots of fun infiltrating the Team 11 donut ride today. Thanks for organizing, Komorebi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birru View Post
    Collusion!
    We like to call them “Unholy Alliances” and they are tres cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go, team! Six of us came out for donuts and some fun (albeit windy) riding this morning. It was great to see you all.

For our team name, it sounds like most of us are on board with being Team Elevenses. Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Despite being down a teammate, we've climbed into seventh place. Keep up the good work, everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Team 11 is #11! Thought I'd capture this while it was true Everyone should try to ride just a tiny bit more tonight. We're only 1 points down from team 4.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	team 11.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	16306

Also, are we officially Elevenses yet? No one is fighting it so I think we're all set to be named

Post Thanks / Like

Default BAFS 2018 Team 11 clubhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    Team 11 is #11! Thought I'd capture this while it was true Everyone should try to ride just a tiny bit more tonight. We're only 1 points down from team 4.

12th actually. I had to re-authorize with Strava for some reason.

Edit: Corrected image uploaded showing us in 3rd, not 10th... in all seriousness the points separation is tight! Sleaze rides matter!
    Last edited by Birru; 01-16-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long ride this weekend?

Hey Team 11 - Anybody up for a super-early longish ride on Saturday? The forecast is above freezing and sunny, so it might be a good day for the White's Ferry loop. Whatever the route and timing, my tentative goal is to be back by lunchtime. (Yeah, and so if it's just me, that could mean a departure around 6:00, but I'll compromise for company.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aschildg View Post
    Hey Team 11 - Anybody up for a super-early longish ride on Saturday? The forecast is above freezing and sunny, so it might be a good day for the White's Ferry loop. Whatever the route and timing, my tentative goal is to be back by lunchtime. (Yeah, and so if it's just me, that could mean a departure around 6:00, but I'll compromise for company.)
    Sorry, aschildg -- I wish I could join you, but I have a conflict this Saturday morning.

Separately, if anyone wants to ride on Sunday (highs in the 50s! not windy!), I'm thinking of doing a DC loop. Here's my planned 45-mile route. I'll probably stop for coffee in Bethesda, lunch at Franklins in Hyattsville, and beer or ice cream in Navy Yard. Let me know if you're interested in coming along.

Also, there's a #bikedc happy hour this Thursday at DC Velo Café in the Wharf. Emm was at the last #bikedc happy hour and can vouch for how fun it was. I may try to swing by toward the end.