Likes Likes:  73
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: Team 4 The Delicate Snowflakes of Doom

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Greenbelt
    Posts
    2,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All are welcome for social ride tomorrow to strategically located Shortcake Bakery (at the approx intersection of the NW Branch Trail, and Anacostia River Trail, the NE Branch trail and the Hyattsville trolley trail, tomorrow at 10am-12pm. Delicious details: https://www.facebook.com/events/145499182900940/


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Greenbelt
    Posts
    2,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Pastry ride benefiting Team 6 mostly, I think...
    Tomorrow's mountain bike meetup is at 9am at Fairland behind the Ice House. We're assuming a hard freeze (low in the teens) tonight should make for good trail conditions.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Pastry ride benefiting Team 6 mostly, I think...
    Tomorrow's mountain bike meetup is at 9am at Fairland behind the Ice House. We're assuming a hard freeze (low in the teens) tonight should make for good trail conditions.
    See you there!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Greenbelt
    Posts
    2,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Note Brett from the first place team 7 (congrats!) is leading a ride down the ART to the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial tomorrow:

    There will be a ride leading from Proteus to the MLK Memorial tomorrow. Here are the event details.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/322234754930926/

    Leaving from Proteus at 10am PST (Proteus Standard Time - a joke that means we will leave 5-10mins after the hour to allow for stragglers to arrive). Heading down the ART trail system to Maine Ave, cut over to Hains Point and up Ohio. Return trip will be along the same route. I plan to stop for food/drinks somewhere in that area, maybe Navy Yards - a chance to warm up. Temperatures are going to be cold, so dress appropriately and consider a change of clothes for food stop.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    Dang, our 11th rider, ToddMoses1, has dropped out of FS and we will be seeking a replacement...

    As for the Strava stuff, I think as long as your ride says #NOBAFS in the title it won't be put into the data? I forget...

    As for the Strava discussion posts, maybe best to add a comment after your post, since comments seem to be ID'd but posts aren't
    Curious, will we be getting a replacement rider?

    Also, JeffP, I see you only have 1 day logged as of this posting. Is everything all right (health, bike, gps, strava connection)?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Greenbelt
    Posts
    2,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Curious, will we be getting a replacement rider?

    Also, JeffP, I see you only have 1 day logged as of this posting. Is everything all right (health, bike, gps, strava connection)?
    We're supposed to get replacement for Todd, but I haven't heard yet. Nor have I been pestering sunyata... Well, maybe this week I will.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodridge, DC
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi. There was a lack of Jeffs around so they've added me to try and bring the Jeff level to where it should be.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwetzel View Post
    Hi. There was a lack of Jeffs around so they've added me to try and bring the Jeff level to where it should be.
    Welcome! Tell us about yourself, and how you got your very popular name

    Next year, if there are at least 10 of a name, Sunyata should make that a team just for giggles.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodridge, DC
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Welcome! Tell us about yourself, and how you got your very popular name

    Next year, if there are at least 10 of a name, Sunyata should make that a team just for giggles.
    I live in Woodridge and work in AdMo, and that commute is a good chunk of my riding. Sorry I've missed a bunch of days, but I missed registration, so I thought I wasn't participating, so I've not been sleezing. Now that I'm in though, I may try to pick up and win beerneuring again, if I can catch up to Sunyata or Jon.


    I'm currently (this week and last) riding a bit less because I've managed to have three bikes down for maintenance at the same time. Well, two are longer term issues that I haven't gotten around to fixing and the third is in for maintenance for the first time since 2015.
    My Urban Arrow has been down since before Thanksgiving because the chain spins, but the hub doesn't. A 8.5" long, 100 pound bike is not easy to get to a shop when the chain spins but the hub doesn't. My cross bike has been down a bit longer because I put tubeless tyres on it, but I can't make them hold air longer than a mile ride. I took the worse wheel to a shop, and they put a new valve in it, but it only holds air for an hour or so. Le sigh. (If anyone is a tubeless whisperer, I have beer)
    Last edited by jwetzel; 01-16-2018 at 01:02 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Greenbelt
    Posts
    2,260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwetzel View Post
    I live in Woodridge and work in AdMo, and that commute is a good chunk of my riding. Sorry I've missed a bunch of days, but I missed registration, so I thought I wasn't participating, so I've not been sleezing. Now that I'm in though, I may try to pick up and win beerneuring again, if I can catch up to Sunyata or Jon.


    I'm currently (this week and last) riding a bit less because I've managed to have three bikes down for maintenance at the same time. Well, two are longer term issues that I haven't gotten around to fixing and the third is in for maintenance for the first time since 2015.
    My Urban Arrow has been down since before Thanksgiving because the chain spins, but the hub doesn't. A 8.5" long, 100 pound bike is not easy to get to a shop when the chain spins but the hub doesn't. My cross bike has been down a bit longer because I put tubeless tyres on it, but I can't make them hold air longer than a mile ride. I took the worse wheel to a shop, and they put a new valve in it, but it only holds air for an hour or so. Le sigh. (If anyone is a tubeless whisperer, I have beer)
    I've been running tubeless all winter, which is as fun as it sounds.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •