Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BAFS 2018 Team 17

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, just like to share few more 17 related team names that popped into mind while out on a spin...

Team Q

Team Ohio

Team Andrew Johnson

Team 7th prime

Team 6-11

Team B-17

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. Likes rachel_c liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    How do people prefer to communicate? Email? This forum? Strava? I know some teams create Facebook groups, but unless that's everyone's strong preference, I would really rather not communicate through Facebook.

Group rides:

Weekdays - my schedule is pretty flexible most days between 9am-3pm. I'd be up for some lunch rides, maybe? Hains Point laps or something similar?

Weekends - I'm a big #beerneuring participant, as i mentioned. However, a lot of my weekend rides are with the kids - either me pulling them on the longtail, or them on their own bikes. So we will often be slow and sidewalky. But if you don't want to deal with the slow pace, it's always cool to meet at the destination, too. We're out of town this weekend (although we'll be hitting RAR and Cambridge Brewing Co by bike if anyone's in far Maryland), but I hope to get to a couple of the DC breweries in the next week or two.

I'm also planning to plan a fundraiser beer ride - I'm on the board of Trash Free Maryland, a non-profit that does pretty much what the name says. I'm thinking a ride starting around Nats Park, heading up the Anacostia Trail (a beautiful ride if you haven't done it) and probably ending up at Franklin's in Hyattsville (another #beerneuring point) for lunch or something.
    I prefer this forum, or Strava club discussion if we want to keep things more private to team members only.

My availability are mostly after work (in the dark) or on weekend mornings.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

So i added a photo of my bike in the 2016 blizzard to our Strava page - I welcome anyone who has a better photo, but I was tired of having nothing. Also a crappy team logo that was the result of four seconds of Google searching.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wiki says-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/17_(number)

I liked the reference to the halogens on the periodic table and that according to MIT, 17 is the least random #.

I also like Q, and 6-11 if we want to go with a 17 theme. Some of the earlier non-17 names were also pretty good.

I could do an occasional HP lunch lap. Weekend morning rides can work as well.

For strategy talks - like how we get into the top 10 - I vote Strava.

Kris

Post Thanks / Like

Default 17 songs about 17

I kind of like Tour de Frost or Mind over Miles, but I do like the idea of incorporating 17 into our team name. My best friend google pointed me here: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/17songs-about-being-17. If you wanted to do something really nerdy, we could incorporate chlorine/CL into the name... because that's 17 on the periodic table.

That's all I got for now.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel_c View Post
    A few Team Name Suggestions:

Popcycles
    Global Warmers
    Shock and Thaw
    Tour de Frost
    Cylogenesis
    Mind Over Miles
    Heroes Below Zeroes
    50 Shades of Frozen
    We Brake for Beer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Email is best for me

Email would be the easiest for me. Unfortunately, not the forum, and I stink at checking strava (but at least I remembered to run it on my last 2 rides!!!)

As for my schedule, probably after work is best. Could do some weekends, but not too early.

Quote Originally Posted by f148vr View Post
    I prefer this forum, or Strava club discussion if we want to keep things more private to team members only.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the Forum is that the messages can get lost in the flurry of new Freezing Saddles ports. I'm already having to go to page three for some threads from just yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    The problem with the Forum is that the messages can get lost in the flurry of new Freezing Saddles ports. I'm already having to go to page three for some threads from just yesterday.
    Are you using Tapatalk? I use it and have it set to only follow certain postings to keep things somewhat manageable.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using Tapatalk? I use it and have it set to only follow certain postings to keep things somewhat manageable
    IMHO Tapatalk is TERRIBLE if you're trying to peruse the forum. But OK if there are certain threads/posts you want to follow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuxtr View Post
    IMHO Tapatalk is TERRIBLE if you're trying to peruse the forum. But OK if there are certain threads/posts you want to follow.
    Agreed, kinda like using a flashlight vs. a floodlight.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk