Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1

Thread: #FSmidnight. The Paul Revere Midnight Ride Pointless Prize

Post Thanks / Like

Default #FSmidnight. The Paul Revere Midnight Ride Pointless Prize

#FSmidnight My new pointless prize is for the most Midnight Rides, aka the most Paul Revere-like participant.

Specific parameters below, but essentially for the sleeze rides done at or around midnight.

The Rules, because we love rules!

1. First and only ride of the day must begin at or after 11:30pm and end by 11:59. Can be longer than a sleaze if you desire. Midnight points will be awarded.
    2. Points awarded for rides that begin at midnight and end by 12:30 am.
    3. Bonus points awarded in the 2-for category, adjacent rides beginning after 11:30 pm, and a second ride the next day beginning at 12:00am (midnight) or as fast as you can restart your Strava.
    4. Must tag with the #FSmidnight tag. You can helpfully add "2-for" to appropriate rides

My intent is to recognize and award a pointless prize to those who drag themselves out in the dark to get their daily ride in before midnight, AND to those who, for whatever reason, do their sleeze ride at 12:00 to get the ride done for the day that won't dawn for hours.

I am requesting the #FS18midnight

I think it is time to reward this uniquely Freezing Saddles riding behavior!
    Edelweiss
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Rode my first sleaze ride of FS 2018 at 12:01 am Jan 11, 2018. Just got home for FS Happy Hour before midnight, so thought a perfect opportunity to get a paul revere point.

Post Thanks / Like

I do just before midnight rides quite often during the year to keep my ride streak alive! For this prize does it have to be your only ride of the day, or could I also do a midnight ride just for the hell of it in addition to my commuting or whatnot?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob James View Post
    Rode my first sleaze ride of FS 2018 at 12:01 am Jan 11, 2018. Just got home for FS Happy Hour before midnight, so thought a perfect opportunity to get a paul revere point.
    However, according to the rules, it needs to be your one and only ride of the day. If you do another ride today, no point.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Category Declared!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    However, according to the rules, it needs to be your one and only ride of the day. If you do another ride today, no point.
    Pointlessness IS the point, so I declare a new category within the competition for "The Hell of It Rides" within the parameters defined.

There will still be an Exalted Midnight Ride Prize for the 'Getting it in' in the nick of time ride, as well as the 12:01 'Knocking off the sleaze for the day' rides.

The British Are Coming!!!
    edelweiss

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by QuikAF77 View Post
    I do just before midnight rides quite often during the year to keep my ride streak alive! For this prize does it have to be your only ride of the day, or could I also do a midnight ride just for the hell of it in addition to my commuting or whatnot?
    Yup, I just capriciously changed my rules, created a new variation, see above! e
    Last edited by Edelweiss; 01-11-2018 at 11:20 AM. Reason: pointing to the other post, Above

Post Thanks / Like

Default Correct Hashtag

Just want to make sure I've got the Hashtag right:

#FS18midnight

&

#FS18midnight2-for or #FS18midnight 2-for ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Yup, I just capriciously changed my rules, created a new variation, see above! e
    Sigh! I just went and tagged all my rides that started between 11:30 pm and 12:30 pm, only to realize I had to untag every one of them. I do midnight rides because of late hours at work, not to keep the streak alive, so there is always at least one other ride during the same day.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the hashtags are fine. They are not being scraped for inclusion on the FS leaderboard site anyway.
    Keep up the Midnight Rides! E
    Last edited by Edelweiss; 02-07-2018 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Typos

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, I am planning a special category for the likes of you and a few others who are the Queens and Kings of Late Night and Wee Hour Rides. Don't use the hashtag, I know what you are doing.
    Kate