Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ride safe this morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accordioneur View Post
    What happened to that Michigander winter bravado?
    Note I'm not complaining about cold/ice, but figuring out how to survive it. Kids are taught how to walk on ice and not slip. My bike did not receive such training.

FWIW cycling was considered a "warm season" activity back home (in the pre-fat bikes days of course) and generally bikes stayed in storage until we were "pretty sure" it wasn't going to snow again.... usually late April.

2. Likes LhasaCM, Judd, Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    FWIW cycling was considered a "warm season" activity back home (in the pre-fat bikes days of course) and generally bikes stayed in storage until we were "pretty sure" it wasn't going to snow again.... usually late April.
    Pffft! In Wisconsin, we rode mountain bikes all winter on the snowmobile trails, and this was way back before anyone even thought of a fat bike.

4. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Pffft! In Wisconsin, we rode mountain bikes all winter on the snowmobile trails, and this was way back before anyone even thought of a fat bike.
    *sigh* I still miss seeing all of those little road signs for the snowmobile trails while driving "out of the city."

Growing up in Milwaukee, our bikes lived under the porch, so provided I had cleared the path to the access door, we'd use them whenever. The snow made for excellent ramps/jumps in our neverending attempts to injure ourselves (things I'd never allow kids to do today).