Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: January BAC Meeting Cancelled

Post Thanks / Like

Default January BAC Meeting Cancelled

BAC Members:

Please be advised the January 8 meeting of the Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee has been cancelled. The next scheduled meeting is set for February 5, 2018.

Any inquiries from BAC members should be directed to Bill Roberts, Transportation Planning Supervisor, (wroberts@arlingtonva.us) or Shelley Peart, Transportation Planning & Capital Project Management (TPCPM) Bureau Chief (speart@arlingtonva.us).

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

FYI I've reached out to Shelley and Bill. I have heard nothing. I have still not heard anything about the Charter.

Post Thanks / Like

May I ask *who* cancelled the meeting?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry (NOT sorry)- I'm pissed. Has the existing committee been fired? And does he *have* that authority?
    Last edited by Starduster; 01-05-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

From Schwartz's letter: "... eleven members are not representatives of an organization or civic association." Is being the representative of a local business (Papillon Cycles) *not* adequate? If it is not, then I'm not sure I want to be a part of *his* committee.
    Last edited by Starduster; 01-05-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    May I ask *who* cancelled the meeting?
    I would email Shelley and Bill to ask who and why. They have not responded to me

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

(For thow who didn't see this on the other thread) Two events of note:

- those of us with some free time Monday night will meet at 7pm at Clarendon Presbyterian Church (the address is 1305 N Jackson St, but the bike parking and entrance are off of Irving, just a block n of Liberty Tavern)

- the PAC is meeting this Wednesday and will discuss two items that will likely be of interest to BAC members (From the PAC chair):

PACers and other ped-friendly readers*

Please join me at the first*meeting*of the Pedestrian Advisory Committee (PAC) of 2018 – on Wednesday, January 10, from 7-9 PM in the Dogwood & Cherry Rooms of Courthouse Plaza, 2100 Clarendon Boulevard.*

We will have two main speakers:

Mark Schwartz, County Manager, FY 2019 County Budget – pedestrian items of interest and the Manager’s role in the structure and management of the PACEric Cassel, President, Friends of Long Bridge Park, The Long Bridge Park Bike-Ped Connection

We will also have a brief update on pedestrian crashes from Lt Daniel Murphy.

The complete draft meeting agenda is*here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    (For thow who didn't see this on the other thread) Two events of note:

- those of us with some free time Monday night will meet at 7pm at Clarendon Presbyterian Church (the address is 1305 N Jackson St, but the bike parking and entrance are off of Irving, just a block n of Liberty Tavern)

- the PAC is meeting this Wednesday and will discuss two items that will likely be of interest to BAC members (From the PAC chair):

PACers and other ped-friendly readers*

Please join me at the first*meeting*of the Pedestrian Advisory Committee (PAC) of 2018 – on Wednesday, January 10, from 7-9 PM in the Dogwood & Cherry Rooms of Courthouse Plaza, 2100 Clarendon Boulevard.*

We will have two main speakers:

Mark Schwartz, County Manager, FY 2019 County Budget – pedestrian items of interest and the Manager’s role in the structure and management of the PACEric Cassel, President, Friends of Long Bridge Park, The Long Bridge Park Bike-Ped Connection

We will also have a brief update on pedestrian crashes from Lt Daniel Murphy.

The complete draft meeting agenda is*here.

The weather outside is... Potentially frightful.*

As of now, I'm planning on being at the Church tonight, and we're adding a call-in for those who would like to attend via phone.

Call-in number:*(515) 604-9713

Conference code: 341301

If the in-person option is cancelled, we'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be there by phone.