Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Intro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Intro

Hi all! I'm Jesse. I've lived in the area for the better part of three years and have gotten used to the roadie and year-round commuting bits in that time. Previously was into MTBing until I moved to the DMV...then I got lost in Fountainhead and forfeited my knobs and my pride.

I'm very interested in doing Freezing Saddles either retroactively or next year if need be. Just heard of it last week. About me: I ride a CrossRip to work and an Emonda ALR on the weekend, though I haven't had the heart to take it out in this weather. Yet. Last year I hit a personal best 4,500 miles and am hoping to improve on that big time this year. Always been a solo rider but mostly because I couldn't keep up before getting the true road bike.

Love the snow riding but I'm still a wimp and wear ski goggles at 25 and below. (Contacts problems.) If you see me give me a shout!

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lobsterpaws View Post
    I ride a CrossRip to work
    Welcome to the area. There are multiple CrossRip folks that hang out on the forum, including me. If you see a guy on the trail with a ton of stickers on a CrossRip, that's me.

Here's some things that you should do:
    1. Come to one of the coffee clubs and meet some folks. Full list is here: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...432#post159432
    2. Try signing up for Freezing Saddles. You'll be wait listed at this point, but we have people drop out every year.
    3. Come to Freezing Saddles events, anyways, even if you're not on a team. There's a calendar of cycling events in general at freezingsaddles.com and folks will post events on the forum as the competition ramps up.
    4. Join the Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) at waba.org. (waba.org/join is the direct link) - WABA is the primary group in the DC area that advocates for better biking.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! Just registered for freezing saddles and I'll check this stuff out as well. Look forward to seeing you around.