Likes Likes:  250
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  8
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beerbeuring BASF 2018

Post Thanks / Like

#1: Atlas

IMG_20180107_154613903 by Jon, on Flickr

This was a Damn Good IPA, a collaboration with someone I've forgotten. Atlas is my favorite DC brewery for beer - there are other breweries I like visiting better, but Atlas has the best beer. The Damn Good was not bad. Wife and I discussed signing the kids up for BAFS next year - Gremlin 2 rode from our house to Atlas then back to Brookland Pint for dinner (though I have to go get her bike from there tomorrow morning, she didn't quite make the full round trip).

Post Thanks / Like

Rules question: do rides to breweries outside of the area count? I have a trip across the other pond next month, and it looks like Tokyo now has a bike share AND a new Hitachino Nest brewery...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Rules question: do rides to breweries outside of the area count? I have a trip across the other pond next month, and it looks like Tokyo now has a bike share AND a new Hitachino Nest brewery...
    I'm not in charge of the rules, but I'm pretty sure it's all good as long as you bike there. I hope it counts too as we're going to be in the same situation in February.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

If they don't I'm SOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a beerneuring ride can be outside of the DMV area. You just have to meet the one mile minimum to count as a Freezing Saddles ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    If they don't I'm SOL.
    I would never want to deny you the fun of beerneuring.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a point in Los Angeles a couple of years ago.
    http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...056#post131056

Post Thanks / Like

Careful, though. I lost points last year for riding to a brewery, buying cans, and then proceeding to a friendís place to drink them. Iím still bitter about that.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by secstate View Post
    Careful, though. I lost points last year for riding to a brewery, buying cans, and then proceeding to a friend’s place to drink them. I’m still bitter about that.
    Was it a can of bitter? So you have to drink it in the brewery's parking lot? I'm not finding much about regular German breweries having tasting rooms, at least not on a walk in basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Was it a can of bitter? So you have to drink it in the brewery's parking lot? I'm not finding much about regular German breweries having tasting rooms, at least not on a walk in basis.
    I think Beerbeuring can be won if you manage to do a Danger Panda photo drinking beer ... from a glass ... in the snow.